F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Book Tag

Sunday, December 11, 2016
Okay I'm a horrible person who didn't realize (or maybe I did and just completely forgot but) I was tagged for this way back in April by Cat @ Let the Pages Reign, but... better late than never...?

“So No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way” - A Book Which Surprised You

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith - this book is meant to be emotional, I think, but definitely not to the degree that I felt emotions. I may have mentioned this in the past, but I found things to tear up about for a good half of the book, probably because a lot of the events/struggles in the novel reminded me of a lot of things I've gone through recently.

Chandler - A Book Which Had You On The Floor Laughing

Gena/Finn by Kat Hegelson and Hannah Moskowitz - although I will admit that this book takes a darker turn that was nothing but a downpour of tears by the end, the beginning is hilarious and witty and so much fun.

Monica - A Book That You Never Want To Be Damaged or Broken

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - this book was already heartbreaking and soul-shattering enough, and it remains dear to my heart, so I'd never want the physical book to express that same brokenness.

Joey - A Book That You Love And Want To Become A Movie

Timekeeper by Tara Sim - the world and story were so imaginative and brilliant, and I think it would be so incredible to see the story unfold on the big screen!

Phoebe - A Book That Had Bad Reviews But You Loved

I'm pretty sure this isn't true anymore (since I read it ~4 years ago and my taste has changed a lot since then, especially since I can safely say I dislike most paranormal romances now), but when I read it, I really liked Fallen by Lauren Kate... I would like to say that I didn't love it, but I was crazy enough to buy the 2nd and 3rd books immediately upon finishing it, so maybe I was a bit obsessed with it. I was a lot younger and less experienced in the world of YA at the time though, so I'm kind of tempted to reread it to see what the big deal was/why people hated it so much.

Ross - A Book That You Can’t Decide Whether You Love It Or You Hate It

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - it's not that I hated it, but I went in with a lot of expectations and thought the book fell a bit flat. I immensely enjoyed reading it, but the characters and world-building were pretty weak and the plot was somewhat predictable for me.

Rachel - A Character That Had Major Character Development

Adelina Amouteru from The Young Elites trilogy, for better or worse. I haven't read The Midnight Star yet, but even throughout book 1 and book 2, she changed tremendously. I'm not expecting a happily ever after in book 3 (it's not that kind of series), but I hope she at least finds some peace with herself, since she's gone through so much.

Central Perk - A Book You Go To When You’re Bored

Hmm I don't really reread, but I'd probably go back to Everland by Wendy Spinale if given the chance since I absolutely loved all the POVs and the story and everything about it *heart eyes*

Gunther - A Book You Always Hear About But Never Buy

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- I've heard only good things about this book, but I just haven't picked it up yet. I'm hoping to read more diversely in the upcoming months though, so this book will definitely be on my radar!

“Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, What Are They Feeding You?” - A Book That Has A Nice Smell

I don't smell books, so I wouldn't know...

“How You Doin’” - A Book Character That You Love So Much

Daniel Sheridan from Something Strange and Deadly <3

We Were On A Break - A Book That You Stopped Reading For Some Reason

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (although I'm finally picking it back up again after too many months!)

2 comments :

  1. I agree with Carry On! I was expecting so much from it but it ended up feeling like a HP rip off with weak characters :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to your Gunther. I need to get it and I can't seem to go anywhere with out hearing something good about it but I just still haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete