Waiting on Wednesday (26)

Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.


A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Genre: Young Adult/Mystery/Contemporary/Retelling
Page Length: 336 pages
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: March 1, 2016


About A Study in Charlotte (via Goodreads):


The last thing sixteen-year-old Jamie Watson–writer and great-great-grandson of the John Watson–wants is a rugby scholarship to Sherringford, a Connecticut prep school just an hour away from his estranged father. But that’s not the only complication: Sherringford is also home to Charlotte Holmes, the famous detective’s enigmatic, fiercely independent great-great-granddaughter, who’s inherited not just his genius but also his vices, volatile temperament, and expertly hidden vulnerability. Charlotte has been the object of his fascination for as long as he can remember–but from the moment they meet, there’s a tense energy between them, and they seem more destined to be rivals than anything else.

Then a Sherringford student dies under suspicious circumstances ripped straight from the most terrifying of the Holmes stories, and Jamie and Charlotte become the prime suspects. Convinced they’re being framed, they must race against the police to conduct their own investigation. As danger mounts, it becomes clear that nowhere is safe and the only people they can trust are each other.

Equal parts tender, thrilling, and hilarious, A Study in Charlotte is the first in a trilogy brimming with wit and edge-of-the-seat suspense.

I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. Confession: I still need to catch up on Sherlock. Anyhow, this book just sounds absolutely fabulous! I don't read a lot of mysteries anymore, but I used to be obsessed with them when I was younger, and I am really looking forward to seeing the relationship between this new generation of Watson and Holmes! 

8 comments :

  1. I feel like I've been a lot more interested in mysteries lately and this book sounds really good! I've heard nothing, but good things about t and the cover is really pretty! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cyra! And I'm the same -- I've been much more enticed by mystery reads lately and am really looking forward to this one!

      Delete
  2. This sounds GLORIOUS! I haven't seen Sherlock, but have read the original books and loved the Sherlock based Every series by Ellie Marney (have you read that one?) and have been looking for modern day mysteries. I hadn't seen this one before, so glad I popped by otherwise I may never have discovered it by myself. Thanks for sharing Alex <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound glorious, doesn't it? And no, I haven't heard of nor read that series yet, but I will definitely check it out now that you mentioned it! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a rec as well <3

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I'm so excited for ASIC (I'm practically dying just waiting for it) Plus the cover is STUNNING 😍
    Great pick! 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I KNOW *flails* I'm so so excited for this one!

      Delete
  4. This book was FANTASTIC, I highly recommend it!!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I'm really really looking forward to it and have only heard great things so far!

      Delete