August Wrap-Up + September TBR

Sunday, September 4, 2016
I can't believe summer is coming to a close... It went by so fast :/ Anyway, here's what happened in August.

Books Read:
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Currently Reading:
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Spells and Sorcery by S. Usher Evans

Haul:
- BookItCon haul
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Phantom Limbs by Paula Garner (thanks for trading with me, Nori!)
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow

Reviewed:
- Kids of Appetite by David Arnold (4.5 stars)
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (3/3.5 stars)
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven (4.5 stars)

Other Posts:
- Claudia reviewed The Geography of You & Me by Jennifer E. Smith (DNF)
- Hogwarts House Identity Crisis
- BookItCon Recap + Haul

Challenges:
- Since I wasn't able to do a lot of reading this month (if you couldn't tell), I'm definitely not going to be writing wrap-up posts for the ReadThemAllThon or ARC August... although I did manage to read Of Fire and Stars for ARC August (review probably not going to go up until October though). And I got my Cascade Badge for the ReadThemAllThon! Although I didn't end up crying (and it wasn't my original choice for the badge), I expected to cry while reading Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo, so it still counts, right? RIGHT? (I'm desperate)

September TBR

It's going to be an extremely busy month for me, so I doubt I'll be able to read all of these, but if I can manage it, I'm hoping to read the following:

1. finish the books I'm currently reading (2)
3. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
4. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
5. Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge

How was your August? What are your reading plans this month?

3 comments :

  1. I think Spells and Sorcery is interesting. Might check it in a bit. Anyway, I have Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow from Netgalley and I can't wait to read it next. Oh, I have lots of books I'm planning to read but don't know WHAT to read next. LOL. You've posted a lot last month and that's great! <3

    Yani // Paper Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  2. August wasn't as eventful for me as I was hoping for it to be. I did get four (I think) badges for the Read Them All Thon. Not as good as I was hoping, but still better than it could have been. I'm hoping to read Three Dark Crowns soon too because I think it's going to be the book in the September Owlcrate. That's mainly the reason I ordered it! Spells and Sorcery is on my list to read in September. I'm kind of excited. I hope I like it as much as I liked The Island! I'm actually really hoping that I can (finally) finish all the ARCs I have this month so I can start working on the mountain of books I've bought this year. I hope you love Stalking Jack the Ripper! I did! It's SO good, I can't wait to buy a hardcover of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I barely know any of those books you listed. But I can't wait to read Carry On (It's still sitting in my bookshelf waiting for me to pick it up). And I really would love to read Holding Up the Universe, too.

    I only managed to read 3 and a half books for the ReadThemAllThon and now I'm still debating about actually posting a Round Up or just kind of ignoring it...

    I hope you'll enjoy those books on your TBR :)

    Here's my Wrap Up @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete