Candy Book Tag

Thursday, November 5, 2015
Hey guys!! Today I'm doing the Candy Book Tag! I was tagged by Sophie (@ Sailing Through Books) before Halloween, but I'm one of those cheap people who just goes and buys all the candy that's discounted the next day, which is why I chose not to complete this tag until after Halloween... Or at least that's the reasoning I'm going with. (I'm horrible, I know.) I promise these answers aren't discounted though ;)

~

Rocky Road - A series or author that you have a complicated (er…rocky) relationship with


The Divergent trilogy. I read the first one, and it was fine, but I just couldn't really get into it. And once I was spoiled for the ending of Allegiant, I gave up on reading the series altogether.


Laffy Taffy - A book that stuck in your mind long after you finished reading it (or in the case of the candy, stuck in your teeth)


All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. It's one of the few books that made me cry, and the only book that's ever made me cry several days after finishing it. But it was all worth it <33


Mint Chocolate - A book that everyone loved, but you didn’t


I don't think everyone loves this book, but I was not a huge fan of Looking for Alaska by John Green. I didn't dislike it, but it just wasn't a favorite of mine. I had trouble connecting with the characters and it just didn't quite do it for me, although I can understand why it has the praise it does.


Sugar-free Candy - A book that just didn’t make any sense


I'm going to have to go with a manga for this one, but Now Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys Fault I'm Not Popular!, Vol. 1 just made absolutely zero sense to me. I should have known based on the title (the grammar *cringes*) that it would not be for me, but I picked it up anyway. Even as a manga, the pictures did not help make the plot any clearer. I was absolutely positively lost throughout the story. It's the only time I've ever been so confused in my whole experiencing reading books and manga. Most reviews have been positive for it, but for some reason I just did not see the point or understand what was going on.


Sweethearts - A book that made you go “Aww…”



My True Love Gave to Me. It's an anthology, but all of the stories were so precious and I ultimately just could not deal with how sweet the collection of stories was!


Kit Kat - A book that everyone needs to read



The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. That book is pure perfection in every way, shape and form.


Snickers Brand Mixed Nuts Bar (coming November 2015…) - A book that you are really excited for


Until January, my answer is going to be the same, but Truthwitch by Susan Dennard!! If you've seen my other tags (or just seen my blog or talked to me in general about books lately), you probably know that it's my most anticipated read of 2016. I. CAN'T. WAIT.


I TAG... Anyone who wants to do it :)

7 comments :

  1. This is such a fun tag, and I completely agree with your choice for "Rocky Road." I kind of enjoyed Divergent, but Insurgent fell entirely flat, and my boredom with Allegiant (combined with the fact that someone spoiled it for me too!) made me DNF the last book. The Wrath and the Dawn is high on my to-read list, though, and with all these positive reviews, I'm sure I'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about Divergent! AND YOU MUST READ WRATH IT IS SO AMAZING (although you've probably heard it a million times by now) -- let me know when you read it (and if you love it know that I will be there to fangirl with you :P)

      Delete
  2. This is a fun tag! First of all, did anyone NOT get spoiled for Allegiant? I think I've seen more people who did than didn't! Looking for Alaska was the first JG book that I ever read and I liked it just because his writing was fresh for me. I think that if it hadn't been one of the first books of his that I read, I would have hated it. I think all of his stories sound the same! You can't connect to his characters because nobody talks like they do! I definitely agree that The Wrath and the Dawn is one that everyone needs to read! It's SO amazing! And I'm super excited for Truthwitch too! But my answer until January rolls around for that one is 150% Passenger! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually so (sadly) true about Allegiant though... AND YES PASSENGER TOO (but I'm already a huge fan of Sooz's and I haven't read anything by Alex yet -- I have the first two books of TDM but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet)

      Delete
    2. Oh and I do like John Green books but I can see where you're coming from. I saw a lot of parallels between Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns... And I love the way his characters talk/think but know that most teenagers aren't like that.

      Delete
  3. Such an adorable tag! I read Divergent and Insurgent, and loved them both so much, although Insurgent wasn't as good as the first book. A classmate of mine spoiled the ending of Allegiant to me as well, and I pretty much gave up with wanting to read it because I WAS SO MAD. Like: LOL BYEEE I'm not reading you anymore.

    I also had trouble reading Looking for Alaska. I bought it 3 or 4 years ago, and it's still in my shelf. I never finished it because it was so boring, and honestly, I don't really like John Green :( Unlike most people.

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha yeah that was me when I found out about Allegiant too

      And I really like John Green books but I can see where you're coming from. It took me a while to get into Looking for Alaska

      Delete