OCTOBER BOOK HAUL

Monday, November 2, 2015
Hey everyone!! I really apologize for my lack of substantial content the two months... School has been killing me (along with all my free time), which means no time for reading, thus no reviews, and I've been a bit of a slump trying to come up with ideas for posts. BUT I got quite a few books hat I AM SO EXCITED TO READ, so in lieu of an official monthly wrap-up, I thought I would just do a haul post :)


BOUGHT -

  1. The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy - I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I really wanted to try something new since I NEVER read books in the horror/mystery/suspense/thriller genres. Since it is October, I thought it was only fitting to buy this book.
  2. The Rose Society by Marie Lu - OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THIS BOOK. As soon as I finish my five million other books I'm already reading, I am going to read it. THE FEELS FROM THE YOUNG ELITES, YOU GUYS. THE FEELS.
  3. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch - I've been meaning to read this book for a while, especially after Rachel (from APCB) reviewed it so highly several months back.
  4. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - Confession time: I have not read The Grisha Trilogy yet. I'm part of the way through Shadow and Bone, but I haven't had the time to read much of it. BUT THERE IS SO MUCH BUZZ ABOUT SIX OF CROWS NOW (AND IT WAS SO PRETTY IN THE BOOKSTORE) SO I JUST HAD TO BUY IT. And I've read an excerpt of it and fell in love instantly ;)


NEW YORK COMIC CON - I unfortunately was unable to attend NYCC this year, but my cousin was a dear and picked up a few ARCs for me!
  1. Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto
  2. Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
  3. Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr



EBOOKS -

  1. Double Life by S. Usher Evans
  2. Outspoken by Lora Richardson (for review!)

8 comments :

  1. I am so excited for Reign of Shadows. I think it sounds so interesting, but THAT COVER MAN! I just recently got Six of Crows as well! And I have been looking everywhere for The Rose Society and I can't find it ANYWHERE! I know I could just order it off the internet, but I know I shouldn't buy it so I'm only gonna buy it if I happen upon it in a store, but it's KILLING ME! I don't know if I can wait much longer! Sweet haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I hope you find The Rose Society soon! And I'm psyched for Reign of Shadows too -- I just have to get through this massive pile of books I'm currently reading first :/

      Delete
  2. THE ROSE SOCIETY!! Oh, how I NEED that book! I'm kind of afraid, though. I don't think I can handle another cliffhanger like in Prodigy! And I'm very excited for Reign of Shadows, because the Firelight trilogy was very good. AND SIX OF CROWS LOOKING SO PRETTY!! Amazing book haul you have! :)

    Ranu @ The Araliya Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so worried about TRS too! I haven't caught up on Legend yet (only read book 1, but the others are sitting on my shelf... Should probably get to those soon). I liked the Firelight trilogy (book 2 was my favorite!) but I'm hoping Reign of Shadows is even better :) AND YES SIX OF CROWS IS GLORIOUS I CAN'T WAIT TO START IT!! Thanks :D

      Delete
  3. YAY for Six of Crows!! It was so wonderful, I can't wait to see your thoughts. The Creeping was sufficiently creepy and great, "If you hunter for monsters, you'll find them." SLA was wonderful, thanks for the shout-out <3 Aww what a nice cousin! Revenge in the Wild intrigues me, I hope you enjoy your books.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you liked SoC! It's definitely a highly anticipated release for me, so I'm hoping it lives up to all the hype :) And I'm looking forward to reading The Creeping and SLA as well. I'm so excited to read all of these, actually! Thanks, Rach!! <3

      Delete
  4. WHOAAAAA you got so many books! I'm sorry that you haven't had much free time due to school/ That's definitely not fun. :/ I got Seven Black Diamonds from NYCC this year and am SUPER excited to read it! Woot woot :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of splurged way too much this month... but I'm really excited for the books though! And YAY for Seven Black Diamonds! I'd love to hear your thoughts when you read it!! :)

      Delete