Waiting on Wednesday (24)

Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.


Riders by Veronica Rossi
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy/Mythology
Page Length: 384 pages
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: February 16, 2016
About Riders (via Goodreads):

For eighteen-year-old Gideon Blake, nothing but death can keep him from achieving his goal of becoming a U.S. Army Ranger. As it turns out, it does.

Recovering from the accident that most definitely killed him, Gideon finds himself with strange new powers and a bizarre cuff he can't remove. His death has brought to life his real destiny. He has become War, one of the legendary four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Over the coming weeks, he and the other horsemen--Conquest, Famine, and Death--are brought together by a beautiful but frustratingly secretive girl to help save humanity from an ancient evil on the emergence.

They fail.

Now--bound, bloodied, and drugged--Gideon is interrogated by the authorities about his role in a battle that has become an international incident. If he stands any chance of saving his friends and the girl he's fallen for--not to mention all of humankind--he needs to convince the skeptical government officials the world is in imminent danger.

But will anyone believe him?
I have never heard of or seen a book quite like this, and it intrigues me to no end. I've heard about the horsemen of the apocalypse, but don't know much about them, and think it would be interesting to see a YA spin on them. This book sounds absolutely fascinating and brilliant and I need to read it NOW.

6 comments :

  1. I'm a huge fan of Rossi, but I haven't heard the best things about this book... I'm cautious yet hopeful!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any Rossi books yet (although I think I have an ebook of Under the Never Sky -- I am so bad when it comes to reading ebooks so I haven't gotten around to reading it) and I actually haven't read any reviews or seen any ratings for it, but the premise sounds awesome so I'm hoping it's good :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Under the Never Sky, and I really want to read this book! It sounds great, although I really don't know much about the horsemen either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to read Under the Never Sky, but I'm glad to hear you liked it! I'm super curious to read Riders and see what the horsemen are all about :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the looks of this one!! The horsemen are fascinating and I'm really happy there's a YA book focusing on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And the horsemen definitely sound fascinating -- I'll have to do some more research before picking this one up, I think!

      Delete