Waiting on Wednesday (23)

Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.


Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy
Page Length: 384 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: June 14, 2016
About Ivory and Bone (via Goodreads):

The only life seventeen-year-old Kol knows is hunting at the foot of the Great Ice with his brothers. But food is becoming scarce, and without another clan to align with, Kol, his family, and their entire group are facing an uncertain future.

Traveling from the south, Mya and her family arrive at Kol’s camp with a trail of hurt and loss behind them, and hope for a new beginning. When Kol meets Mya, her strength, independence, and beauty instantly captivate him, igniting a desire for much more than survival.

Then on a hunt, Kol makes a grave mistake that jeopardizes the relationship that he and Mya have only just started to build. Mya was guarded to begin with—and for good reason—but no apology or gesture is enough for her to forgive him. Soon after, another clan arrives on their shores. And when Mya spots Lo, a daughter of this new clan, her anger intensifies, adding to the already simmering tension between families. After befriending Lo, Kol learns of a dark history between Lo and Mya that is rooted in the tangle of their pasts.

When violence erupts, Kol is forced to choose between fighting alongside Mya or trusting Lo’s claims. And when things quickly turn deadly, it becomes clear that this was a war that one of them had been planning all along.
 
I am a huge fan of the blog Pub(lishing) Crawl, which Julie Eshbaugh has been a part of for as long as I can remember. I'd heard her mention her book a few times on the blog and was interested, but now that I've seen the synopsis and the glorious cover, I honestly cannot wait seven more months! CLASHING CLANS, DARK PASTS, ROMANTIC TENSION?!?! *grabby hands*

8 comments :

  1. I'm so excited for Julie's book!! Pub Crawl is such a great site :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really good! The romance in this book sounds like it will be really interesting and intense! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I totally agree -- the intensity and conflict really intrigues me :) Thanks, Cyra!

      Delete
  3. Yes!! I cannot wait for Ivory and Bone, either! I've never read anything that takes place THIS far in the past and I love historical fiction. Great pick :)

    http://novelsandnecklaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so excited for this book, it is crazy!! Definitely let me know your thoughts when you get a chance to read it :)

      Delete
  4. Hi! I just want to let you know that I am going to be featuring your blog (again) on my The Sunday Post going up later today. I'm featuring your Waiting on Wednesday posts because I love the books you choose! I always end up adding them to my TBR.

    You can see it on my blog: Molly's Book Nook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much, Molly! <3 It makes me so happy to hear that

      Delete