Making Waves (10) ~ NaNo Edition

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Making Waves is a weekly question feature created by the Waterwitch Babes (part of Susan Dennard’s Truthwitch Street Team). Every Thursday, we’ll have a fun question that all are welcome to answer on their blog. Anyone can join! The questions will be random and/or relate to the upcoming book Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. A linky is provided so that everyone can link up their post and participate in the fun!

This week's question is...  Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? How has your experience been so far?

Yes and no, I guess. I'm signed up for NaNo and wrote approximately 5000 words the first week, but then I got caught up in school and have not worked on my project since. My school is on a trimester system so there's always a ton of work in mid-November as the first trimester comes to a close, and I just got less and less motivated because I was so far behind and I also love my story but not how it was translating into words. I adored the idea and now I'm starting to hate it because it's not what I know it can be. I wrote one good scene for it back in fall '14, but I've been having trouble extending it from one scene to a whole novel. I never expected it to be a full-fledged novel, but I found love for the story again this year and wanted to see if I could. Yet between school and my lack of motivation to write, I'm currently about 25,000 words behind and I don't have any time to actually write and catch up by the end of November because of Thanksgiving and other things.

No comments :

Post a Comment