2016 Love-A-Thon Questionnaire

Saturday, February 20, 2016
About the 2016 Love-A-Thon: "The Love-a-Thon [hosted by Alexa @Alexa Loves Books), Cee @ The Novel Hermit, Hazel @Stay Bookish, and Mel @The Daily Prophecy] is an event dedicated to spreading positivity and love. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of our amazing community."

~QUESTIONNAIRE~


  1. What’s your name? Alexandra :)

  2. How did you get into blogging in the first place? I started reading book blogs about four years ago (aka I pretty much just devoured Nikki's blog, Fiction Freak), but I never truly contemplated starting a book blog until I joined the Goodreads community back in 2014. It took me a while though, and I finally made it happen after BookCon last May!

  3. How did you come up with your blog name? Once I decided I wanted to create a blog, it took me about a week to come up with the name Literary Legionnaire. I started brainstorming and Literary Legionnaire came up because I had just finished reading An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (I highly recommend it if you haven't read it yet!) and the book is based on the Roman empire, and since legionnaires are members of legions in the Roman army (and I've just been loving fantasy lately), Literary Legionnaire stuck out to me. (And I love alliterative names, so it all seemed to work perfectly!)

  4. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? I've definitely read and reviewed the most young adult books on my blog, especially YA fantasy, although I like a variety of different genres.

  5. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? I like to do a wide variety of bookish things, so I participate in some memes like Waiting on Wednesday (hosted by Breaking the Spine) and Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish), as well as doing the occasional haul, tag, and discussion post.

  6. Best blogging experience so far? Definitely the friendships I've formed! There are so many amazing people I've met and I honestly don't know how I possibly survived without them in the past.

  7. Favorite thing about the blogging community? The atmosphere! There have definitely been some problems in the community over the past few months I've been in the blogosphere, but overall everyone is usually so supportive and nice and just amazing! Everyone is also so unique and special, but we seem to respect each others' opinions and get along splendidly!

  8. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016! There are so many books releasing this year that sound absolutely amazing, but I'm especially psyched for The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi, The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye, The Midnight Star by Marie Lu, The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh, and And I Darken by Kiersten White!

  9. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years! Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige, The Orphan Queen by Jodie Meadows, Zodiac by Romina Russell

  10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? The Somethings Strange and Deadly trilogy by the lovely human that is Susan Dennard. I know it's been getting a lot more attention now because of Truthwitch, but I still highly highly recommend it and feel like the series is still kind of underestimated. Honestly, I normally hate zombies (and historical fiction isn't usually my cup of tea), but the trilogy is nonetheless one of my absolute favorites!

  11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn or Anne from Blackhearts, maybe?

  12. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? Daniel Sheridan from Something Strange and Deadly or Magiano from The Rose Society. I LOVE THESE BOYS <333

  13. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? Writing, photography, film, music, dance, speech and debate, softball

  14. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? I'm obsessed with stationary and office supplies, so I love shopping for that type of stuff, but also shoes and clothes! Although I guess I don't specifically like shopping for shoes and clothes as much as I like having the new attire in my wardrobe.

  15. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? My song right now is "Alexander Hamilton" from the Hamilton musical soundtrack because I'm obsessed with all things Hamilton right now, so I doubt that would be playing at a party (but who knows!)

  16. What would your dream library look like? I'd be happy with having a library the fraction of the size/beauty of pretty much any of the 49 Breathtaking Libraries From All Over the World.

  17. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? Susan Dennard! I did have the amazing opportunity to meet her, but I kind of forgot to properly introduce myself and I was a complete disaster so it would be lovely to be able to properly chat with her and prove to her that I am indeed a functional human being.

21 comments :

  1. Hi Alexandra!

    I love how you came up with your blog name, and your kick ass blog image. I literally said "Woah" once it loaded on my computer! Also, thank you for linking the 49 Most Breathtaking Libraries, because I am now drooling all over my computer. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lizzie! And I KNOW, RIGHT?!? The libraries are absolutely stunning. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Who doesn't love Hamilton!?! Every time I listen to it, something new catches my attention: an amazing lyric, a hilarious fact. Lin Manuel Miranda is a genius and I so hope the musical makes its way closer to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamilton is amazing and you're right -- the more you listen, the more you realize how intricate and wonderful the musical is :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for The Crown's Game either! I recently got approved for And I Darken on Netgalley, so I'll have to let you know how that one is. I think it's still on there if you want to request it! I've also been obsessing over Hamilton. I think my favorite song currently is "The Election of 1800" or "Satisfied".
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh cool! I don't have a NetGalley, but yeah please do let me know what you think! :) And Satisfied is a great song! :D

      Delete
  4. Ooh I had no idea that's how you came up with your blog name! I absolutely love it. I'm so glad you decided to join blogging <3

    I am SO excited for The Crown's Game, And I Darken, and The Rose and The Dagger. The Star-Touched Queen is spectacular. I too need to read The Orphan Queen soon. It's got so much hype though.

    I still have to listen to Hamilton's soundtrack *hides* I KNOW everyone is obsessed, but I haven't gotten into it yet.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rach! <3

      Yessss all the books sound soooooo good. I agree about The Orphan Queen. I want to read it, but there's so much hype, which makes it harder for me to pick up books because I get worried that I won't like it as much as everyone else.

      RACHEL YOU MUST!!!

      Delete
  5. That's a cool way to come up with your blog name! That's awesome! I'm also excited for the 5 books you listed for 2016! Snow Like Ashes and The Orphan Queen are so good! I hope you get to read them soon! I have all of the Something Strange and Deadly books to read now that I went to her signing and I can't wait to read them! I also can't wait to read The Rose Society so I can see who this Magiano is! I haven't listened to this Hamilton soundtrack yet, maybe I need to so I can see what all this hype is about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cyra!! <333 I'm definitely planning on reading SLA and TOQ soon, so I'll let you know what I think :D And YOU MUST TELL ME WHEN YOU READ THEM BECAUSE I LOVE THOSE BOOKS SO SO SO MUCH. And yes to The Rose Society and Hamilton!!!

      Delete
  6. I agree about Something Strange and Deadly! I read the series before Truthwitch was a thing, and I really loved it. I want more people to read and love it too! Also, The Orphan Queen is excellent, and I hope you get to it soon. Jodi is another one of my favorite human beings on the planet :D I also just wanted to say I love your blog name, and I love your header! Thanks for joining the Love-a-thon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I read them way back and have been anticipating Truthwitch since forever because of it. And yay I'm looking forward to seeing what The Orphan Queen is all about, since I've heard so many great things but don't really know what it's about. I read the first book in Jodi's other series a while back and enjoyed it, so hopefully I'll love TOQ even more! And thank you!!!

      Delete
  7. Glad I stumbled across your blog via Love-A-Thon. Love the name! I've not heard of the "Something's Strange and Deadly" trilogy but now I need to read it :)
    Kizzi (Three Show Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your blog name and design :) New follower!

    (YA) Fantasy is the best ;) You have excellent taste, because I also can't wait for those 5 books to be released this year.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh yes! I'm SUPER excited for the Midnight Star by Marie Lu :) the Young Elites is so good, I wonder how it's going to end...I met Susan Dennard too, she was super nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!? I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NOW!!!!!!

      And yay for meeting Susan! She's such a sweetheart, isn't she?

      Delete
  10. HELLS YES TO HAMILTONNNNNN. It could totally be playing at the party you host. ;D So in love with that album. My song would be Satisfied or Non-Stop because I loveeee belting those two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOOH NON-STOP *nods vigorously* good choice :D

      Delete