About the 2016 Love-A-Thon: "The Love-a-Thon [hosted by Alexa @Alexa Loves Books), Cee @ The Novel Hermit, Hazel @Stay Bookish, and Mel @The Daily Prophecy] is an event dedicated to spreading positivity and love. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of our amazing community."
- What’s your name? Alexandra :)
- How did you get into blogging in the first place? I started reading book blogs about four years ago (aka I pretty much just devoured Nikki's blog, Fiction Freak), but I never truly contemplated starting a book blog until I joined the Goodreads community back in 2014. It took me a while though, and I finally made it happen after BookCon last May!
- How did you come up with your blog name? Once I decided I wanted to create a blog, it took me about a week to come up with the name Literary Legionnaire. I started brainstorming and Literary Legionnaire came up because I had just finished reading An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (I highly recommend it if you haven't read it yet!) and the book is based on the Roman empire, and since legionnaires are members of legions in the Roman army (and I've just been loving fantasy lately), Literary Legionnaire stuck out to me. (And I love alliterative names, so it all seemed to work perfectly!)
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? I've definitely read and reviewed the most young adult books on my blog, especially YA fantasy, although I like a variety of different genres.
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? I like to do a wide variety of bookish things, so I participate in some memes like Waiting on Wednesday (hosted by Breaking the Spine) and Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish), as well as doing the occasional haul, tag, and discussion post.
- Best blogging experience so far? Definitely the friendships I've formed! There are so many amazing people I've met and I honestly don't know how I possibly survived without them in the past.
- Favorite thing about the blogging community? The atmosphere! There have definitely been some problems in the community over the past few months I've been in the blogosphere, but overall everyone is usually so supportive and nice and just amazing! Everyone is also so unique and special, but we seem to respect each others' opinions and get along splendidly!
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016! There are so many books releasing this year that sound absolutely amazing, but I'm especially psyched for The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi, The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye, The Midnight Star by Marie Lu, The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh, and And I Darken by Kiersten White!
- Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years! Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige, The Orphan Queen by Jodie Meadows, Zodiac by Romina Russell
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? The Somethings Strange and Deadly trilogy by the lovely human that is Susan Dennard. I know it's been getting a lot more attention now because of Truthwitch, but I still highly highly recommend it and feel like the series is still kind of underestimated. Honestly, I normally hate zombies (and historical fiction isn't usually my cup of tea), but the trilogy is nonetheless one of my absolute favorites!
- Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn or Anne from Blackhearts, maybe?
- Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? Daniel Sheridan from Something Strange and Deadly or Magiano from The Rose Society. I LOVE THESE BOYS <333
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? Writing, photography, film, music, dance, speech and debate, softball
- Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? I'm obsessed with stationary and office supplies, so I love shopping for that type of stuff, but also shoes and clothes! Although I guess I don't specifically like shopping for shoes and clothes as much as I like having the new attire in my wardrobe.
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? My song right now is "Alexander Hamilton" from the Hamilton musical soundtrack because I'm obsessed with all things Hamilton right now, so I doubt that would be playing at a party (but who knows!)
- What would your dream library look like? I'd be happy with having a library the fraction of the size/beauty of pretty much any of the 49 Breathtaking Libraries From All Over the World.
- Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? Susan Dennard! I did have the amazing opportunity to meet her, but I kind of forgot to properly introduce myself and I was a complete disaster so it would be lovely to be able to properly chat with her and prove to her that I am indeed a functional human being.