Disney Princess Tag

Friday, February 26, 2016
I was tagged by Deanna and Gabi @Booksablog/Reading In the Rain to do the Disney Princess Tag back in September, and I'm finally doing it. Better late than never, right? I am super excited to do this tag, since I LOVE Disney, so let's begin, shall we?

Snow White - name your favorite classic

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. I know it's not as popular or well-known as most "classics", but I remember absolutely loving it, and it being on my summer reading list one year. So maybe it's not canonically a classic, but it's still kind of a classic...? I don't really know. Also, I don't remember much about it at all, except that I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Classic runner-ups (that are more typically viewed as classics) are definitely Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

Cinderella - name a book that kept you reading well past your bedtime

For this one, I'll definitely have to say Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff! I'm sure there have been others, but I was absolutely obsessed with Illuminae, and with the amazingly unique formatting, it was even easier to tell myself it was okay to read just one more page.

Aurora - name your favorite classic romance

Favorite romance... There are quite a few I adore, but the one that stands out most to me is between Anne and Teach from Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman!

Ariel - name a book that's about making sacrifices and fighting for your dreams

The Wrath and the Dawn is definitely about making sacrifices and fighting for what you believe in! I mean, Shazi did go in to wed Khalid in order to avenge her friend's death... Things did end up changing, but they kept fighting and making sacrifices, even though their dreams changed.

Belle - name a book with a smart and independent female character

Okay, so maybe she is a bit impulsive at times, but Adelina from The Young Elites is definitely smart and independent! She hasn't necessarily made the best decisions, but she is intelligent and independent, even though her emotions may get the best of her a lot of the time.

Jasmine - name a book with a character who challenged the social issues

Hester Prynne from The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Pocahontas - name a book whose ending was a roller-coaster of emotions

There are sooooooo many of these. Blackhearts (Nicole Castroman), Strange and Ever After (Susan Dennard), Reign of Shadows (Sophie Jordan)... TOO MANY BOOKS.

Mulan - name a book with a kick-ass female character

Pretty much any female character from Sarah J. Maas' books, so Celaena, Nehemia, Manon (although I still haven't finished reading Heir of Fire, so that might be a problem), Feyre, etc.

Rapunzel - name a book that features an artist

I haven't read it yet, but apparently the characters in I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson are artists? I'm hoping to read the book soon since I have had it on my shelf for over a year now, but I just haven't had the opportunity to pick it up yet.

Merida - name a book that features a mother-daughter relationship

It's definitely a strained relationship, but there is at least a mother figure in the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy by Susan Dennard. Mother figures are extremely uncommon in Young Adult fiction, or so it seems, for whatever reason. I've never really understood that.

Anna and Elsa - name a book that features a great relationship between siblings

I'm actually struggling to come up with an answer, so I'll just go with Jane and Lizzie's relationship in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

1 comment :

  1. This is such a fun tag! I'm looking forward to Blackhearts now more than ever. And ooh Shazi and Adelina. Both such strong main characters, and from two books I adored. Great picks!

    - Eli @ The Silver Words
    #commenting365

    ReplyDelete