2016 Challenges

Friday, January 1, 2016
Confession: I am horrible at finishing reading challenges. Now that that's out of the way, here are the all challenges I hope to (but highly doubt I'll) complete this year. (Aren't I the optimistic one?) I'm hoping that by signing up for a lot of challenges, I'll be more likely to complete at least one. Or maybe that will completely backfire and I won't be able to complete any of them. I guess only time will tell.

Finishing the Series Challenge - hosted by Bea @ Bea's Book Nook, the goal of this challenge is to "complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book." I'm going to try for Level 2 (Testing the Waters). I only completed one series in 2015 (if you can believe it!), so finishing 2-4 series is a decent goal for 2016.

Flights of Fantasy - hosted by Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books and Rachel @ Hello, Chelly, the goal of this challenge is to read as many fantasy novels as you can/would like. Since fantasy was my most-read genre last year, I think this challenge will be fun and not too hard. I'm going to set my goal relatively high and say I want to read 15 fantasy novels this year.

Rock My TBR - hosted by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler, the goal of this challenge is "to read a minimum of 1 book per month you already own (published book)." Since I have a lot of books I still haven't read yet sitting on my shelves, I figured this would be a good challenge, especially since I'd probably be reading a lot of them anyway.

Backlist Books Challenge - hosted by Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews, the goal of this challenge is to read backlist books. "For these purposes, I’m counting backlist books as anything published a year or more before the day you read it. So if it’s January 21st, 2016, the book you’re reading must have been published on January 21st, 2015 or earlier."

Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge - this year, I want to challenge myself to read 75 books!

8 comments :

  1. Dammit I totlly should've done the Rock my TBR challenge haha. SO many books on my tbr! GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR CHALLENGES I BELIEVE IN YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, NIKKI!!!! :D And it's not too late to sign up for Rocky my TBR!! :)

      Delete
  2. I was a little optimistic too and signed up for a bunch as well--here's to hoping we can both complete at least a few challenges :) I also signed up for Rock my TBR and Flights of Fantasy, aaaand I'm also shooting for 75 books! Great minds think alike, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Alex! Good luck with all your challenges and here's to reading some awesome fantasy books and knocking books off our TBRs!

      Delete
  3. We've got Rock My TBR and Flights of Fantasy in common. Fingers crossed for knocking out some of those books waiting on our shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Good luck with your challenges and here's to an amazing new year!

      Delete
  4. We are participating in the same challenges! My post is gonna be up later today, but I signed up for all these challenges and I was really optimistic and put really high goals. I hope I can read at least half of what I said I would. We can DM on Twitter and share how we're doing with our challenges and even organize buddy reads, if you want :)

    Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that's so cool, Sofia! I'm sure if you set your mind to it you can crush those challenges :D I'll definitely keep you updated on my challenges and check in to see how you're doing too! :)

      Delete