July TBR

Wednesday, July 1, 2015
I will not have a lot of time to read this month, but there are a lot of books I want to read.  Although I have less time than I did in June (in which I only read 2 books), I am really hoping to read eight books.

1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

I have not read any science fiction books in what seems like eons, so I am super excited for this one!  The book is pretty unique, told through all sorts of different files, such as reports, emails, and interviews, so I am also pumped to dive into a completely different style of writing than I am normally used to.

2. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo


I have only heard great things about this series, and I am really excited to start reading them this month (and throughout the rest of the summer as well), leading up to the release of Leigh Bardugo's new book, Six of Crows, which sounds absolutely amazing.

3-5. Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, and Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

I am determined to finish my Throne of Glass reread and finally catch up on Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire.  I really enjoyed Throne of Glass the first time around, and hope that I still love the series just as much.

6. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

I have been craving a contemporary read for a while, and I have also been meaning to pick this up for the past six months, so it is the perfect opportunity to finally read it.

7. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines

I have some books that are required reading for the summer, and this one was on the list of required books to choose from, so I am hoping to get this one out of the way as soon as possible.  It seems like an interesting choice, but it is historical fiction (which is usually one of my least favorite genres), so I'll have to see how this one goes.

8. West with the Night by Beryl Markham

I am not usually a fan of memoirs nor autobiographies, but I am required to read a nonfiction book this summer, so I decided to read this one.  I am already somewhat familiar with her story because I read a MG historical fiction book based on her life, but I am curious to see what she herself wrote about her travels and experiences.

What are you planning on reading this month?
~Alexandra

No comments :

Post a Comment