July Wrap-Up

Friday, July 31, 2015
July went by in a flash!  I had a fantastically busy month filled with great friends and many adventures.  I had a ton of fun, but that also meant I had very little time to read.  I set high goals for my reading this month, and fell short (but that's okay!)  Here's a recap of what happened this month:

Books I Read


I absolutely ADORED Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff; the plot was action-packed and the writing style was unique and fun to read.  The Perks of Being a Wallflower was a quick and enjoyable read.

Book Haul

I have only heard great things about Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, both from the online community as well as from friends and family.  I am super excited to pick this one up, and hopefully it will live up to all the hype!  I enjoyed reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, and I am currently reading The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan.

Blog

Since I was so busy, I unfortunately did not have a lot of substantial posts this month.

That's all for now!
~Alexandra

6 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Illuminae! I seriously haven't heard of one person who didn't enjoy it :) I still need to read perks... Nice design, I like it!! :D

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel!! :D You should definitely read Illuminae when you get the chance!

      Delete
  2. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to read Illuminae. (October 20 come sooner!!) All these positive reviews and feedback are just fueling my excitement.

    I'm also currently reading The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan. What do you think of the book so far?

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will totally be worth the wait! And so far The Opposite of Loneliness is pretty good, but then again I'm only on page 20 or so and haven't even finished reading the first fiction piece in there. I really loved the original Opposite of Loneliness essay/speech though. What about you?

      Delete
  3. YAY! I also read Illuminae. I really enjoyed it too - there was so much about it that was gripping! I haven't watched/read Perks but i heard that i should stay away from the movie and read the book?

    I had a lame month, unfortunately. i was doing school so my posts were kind of lacking. I di get to read some good books like Illuminae, Six of Crows and Crown of Midnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the movie but I guess it's not for everyone. I saw it before reading the book though so maybe my opinion would be different if I read the book first... Seeing the movie helped me clear a few things up when reading because it could be kind of confusing at times, so I don't really know. I liked the book too but it wasn't my absolute favorite book either. I'd still give it a shot if you have time though.

      You're so lucky! I really really wanted to read Six of Crows!!!!

      Delete