August TBR

Saturday, August 1, 2015
I should have a ton of free time this month, so I am really hoping to catch up on my summer reading goals.  In addition to a general TBR for this month, I am going to participate in Booktubeathon, which means that I will be trying to read seven books within the span of this coming week (August 3-9).  Here are the books I hope to (or in some cases, have to) read this month, not including the books I've chosen for Booktubeathon:

MUST READ: required summer reading

1. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
2. West with the Night by Beryl Markham
3. Mystic River by Dennis Lehane

WANT TO READ:

1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

My cousin and brother both read this within the past few months and absolutely love love loved it (and I've only heard great things about it in general), so I just had to pick up a copy for myself!  I am so pumped to read this and hope it lives up to all the hype!


2. Throne of Glass or Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

I'm going to either reattempt my reread of Throne of Glass or just give up and continue on to the next book…

3. Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas 

I bought this a few months ago and have been meaning to read it.  And I haven't read many contemporaries lately, so it will be nice to throw one into the mix.

What are your reading goals for the month?
~Alexandra

6 comments :

  1. I totally 1000000000% vouch for the Throne of Glass series. Hello Alexandra, I'm Alex. Thanks so much for taking ur time and visiting and commenting on my blog. I love ur name and also lol the ToG series is seriously to die for. Are you reading it in preparation for the fourth book coming out in September? LOL It's such a great fantasy series and when you're done, make sure to come to me and fangirl with me. I'm so open to talking and squealing about the mail characters in this book!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex! I have read the first Throne of Glass book and agree that it's a really great series, but I just never got around to reading Crown of Midnight nor Heir of Fire. So I guess the answer to your question is yes, I am trying to catch up before Queen of Shadows comes out :) Which team are you on? I was originally Team Dorian (hated Chaol the first time around), but I'm about 20 pages into my reread and can't stand either of them it seems. Maybe I just have to get used to them again. I guess I probably should reread Throne of Glass and not jump ahead to Crown of Midnight right away… I guess I need to get reintroduced to all the characters and fall in love with them again.

      Delete
  2. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed ToG! I'm late to the series, so I have yet to read Heir of Fire. However, like you, I'm trying to catch up before Queen of Shadows is released. I also want to read Because You'll Never Meet Me sometime this month. When you do get around to reading it, I'd love to know what you think!

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Julia Anne! We can be late readers to the series together! :D (I mean I did read Throne of Glass around when it first came out, but I am super duper late in reading the others, so I'm still pretty late) Anyway, that's awesome that you want to read Because You'll Never Meet Me this month too! I actually haven't heard a lot about the book but happened to stumble upon in when I was browsing one day, so I'm hoping it's a good one and definitely will let you know my thoughts!

      Delete
  3. I'm attempting to read Ready Player One too this month! Tell me what you think of it if you get to it soon.
    I loved ToG and I ADORED Crown of Midnight. I found it to be even better. I definitely need to read Heir of Fire soon.
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know what you think when you get around to it! (And I'll let you know what I think too :))
      I'm glad to hear Crown of Midnight is better! I thoroughly enjoyed ToG, but (don't hate me) it wasn't my favorite book ever.

      Delete