Book/Blog-Related Facts About Me - Top Ten Tuesday #10

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is "Ten Facts About Me," so I knew I had to do it. I haven't been doing Top Ten Tuesdays in a while (since February!), but I thought this topic would be a nice way for you all to get to know me a bit better. Some of these facts you may find boring, but hopefully a few of them will be relatable and/or interesting :)

1. I've never rated a book 1 star (then again I usually don't finish books that are that awful, and I never rate books I DNF)

2. I never read books in audiobook form because I have a relatively short attention span and get distracted by other things too easily

3. I typically flail about books a lot more than I let on (not sure if this is a good or bad thing?)

4. Despite the revelations I made about my rereading experience last year, I'm still afraid of rereading books (no matter how much I adore them)

5. I am really bad at finishing series (legit I've probably finished less than 10 series in the last 7 years, and I've been a bookworm for all my life)

6. Historical fiction used to be one of my least favorite genres, but when done well, it houses (if that's even the correct word) many of my favorite books.

7. I don't typically have book boyfriends for myself because I usually love them with their romantic interests so much that don't want to take away their beautiful relationships from them.

8. I don't think this is an uncommon thing, but I find it so much easier to finish writing reviews for books I don't like than to write reviews for books I did like. However, I find it much harder to actually start writing the reviews for the books I don't like.

9. This blog is over a year old now and only eleven people know of its existence (that aren't part of the blogosphere)

10. Literary Legionnaire now has a coblogger (surprise!)



5 comments :

  1. I flail about books privately too. xD And I suck at finishing series as well! Although I am trying to finish The Grisha series...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to start the Grisha series, so at least you're ahead of me on that :)

      Delete
  2. I also can't listed to audiobooks because my attention span is too short and I'm also really bad at finishing series! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply can't have someone read someting to me, I don't process all the info and then I'm lost! I am SO with you on not liking audiobooks!
    NUMBER 7!!! Someone finally put it into words! I feel EXACTLY the same way! I hate when people ask me who my book boyfriends are because if I say a name, I feel like I'm breaking up their couple:(
    Also, I'm so happy that you found a co-blogger! I know you've been thinking about it for a while and I'm really glad you found someone! Can't wait to meet her/him!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!! And thank you so much, Sophie! You probably *cough* definitely *cough* know the person, so I can't wait for you to find out! :D

      Delete