Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon Sign Up and TBR

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hey guys! So the lovely Aentee @ Read at Midnight not only created a Pokémon Go Book Tag, but she's also the mastermind behind the Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon reading challenge! The goal of the challenge is to read books based on the eight gyms of the Indigo League in the Kanto Region of the Pokémon universe. The challenge runs from August 14 until September 4, so it doesn't start for quite a while, but I am SO EXCITED. If you're interested in joining or finding out more info, you should definitely check out Aentee's sign up/FAQ post here.

          source
Along with the badges we can collect, there's also the option of choosing ONE Pokémon that starts with 10 CP and based on the number of pages read, badges earned, etc., their CP will increase. For example, +1 CP for every 10 pages read and +20CP for every badge earned, and once they reach a certain CP, they will be able to evolve. There are a lot more details and ways you can earn points as well, but you'll have to read Aentee's post for more details.

The Pokémon I've chosen is Oddish. Oddish has three stages of evolution, and he's also really cute (just saying). I also really want a Vileplume (Oddish's final evolution).

Now for my TBR, shall we? (Credit to Aentee for the fabulous graphics.)

The First Gym

For this challenge, I'm going to attempt to read The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. I've been wanting to read it for a while, so I'm really hoping to read it by the end of this summer. Plus, if I succeed, I'll get a TON of CP points for my Oddish.

1258 pages, potential +125CP

The Second Gym

For this one, I'll go with Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. Her other novel, Between Shades of Gray, was an incredible book that made me cry, and I'm guessing this one will have a similar effect on me.

400 pages, potential +40CP

The Third Gym

For this challenge, I'm planning to read Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. I started reading this one a while ago since I loved Susan's other books, but the hype was so overwhelming that I had to put it down. And I never picked it back up, but I've wanted to. So now's the perfect opportunity!

415 pages, potential +41CP

The Fourth Gym

I'm going to go with Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst for this gym! I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now after winning it in a giveaway, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

389 pages, potential +38CP

The Fifth Gym

For this one, I think I'm going to have to go with A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. Everyone has been obsessed with this book since it came out, and I've heard it's even better than A Court of Thorns and Roses. I'm really interested to see what all the hype is about in regard to Feysand... since everyone seems to be in love with them.

640 pages, potential +64CP

The Sixth Gym

For this gym, I'm going to go with This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab. I'm so excited to read this book, and I think it's a perfect fit for this challenge.

427 pages, potential +42CP

The Seventh Gym

For this challenge, I'm hoping to read Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby. This book has been sitting on my shelf FOREVER, and I think it's time to finally give it a read.

304 pages, potential +30CP

The Eighth (and Final) Gym

For this one, I'll go with Prodigy by Marie Lu. I may end up switching this to a reread of Legend since I haven't read it in a while and the details of the trilogy are a bit blurry, but we'll see.

371 pages, potential +37CP




No comments :

Post a Comment