July Wrap-Up

Sunday, July 31, 2016
Hi guys! Can you believe that today is the last day of July? Because  I can't. I really can't. At all. Summer is flying by so fast and it's freaking me out just a tiny bit. Anyway, here's what happened this past month!

Haul
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (purchased)
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven (ARC I selected as a B-Fest/First in Line prize)
- A World Without You by Beth Revis (purchased)
- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen (purchased as a blind date book)

Read - about half the books I read last month were pretty mediocre, so I am so happy that I enjoyed all of the books I finished this month!
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace
- Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
- Everland by Wendy Spinale
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven

Reviewed
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (5 stars)
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (4/4.5 stars)
- Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith (4.5 stars)
- Everland by Wendy Spinale (5 stars)

Other Things I Posted
TBR discussion
real world representation in YA
A World Without You Event Recap

Exciting Happenings on the Blog
- Claudia joined Literary Legionnaire! Check out the coblogger announcement and her introduction here
- New blog header! I came up with the idea and worked on a super rough sketch, and then Claudia transformed my idea into a beautiful new header design *heart eyes*
- I reached 100 Bloglovin' followers! Even though I try not to focus on the numbers, I am so thankful to you all for helping me reach this wonderful milestone!

Around the Blogosphere
- Jess @ Princessica of Books discussed the struggle between quality vs. quantity when it comes to reading
- Alex @ Fiery Reads discussed rating books based on their technicalities versus the enjoyment factor
- Claudia @ PenMarkings pondered whether YA characters should be seen as role models
- Claudia @ PenMarkings also explained why she wants more love interests in books
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight is hosting the Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon reading challenge


No comments :

Post a Comment