June Wrap-Up

Monday, June 29, 2015
Books I Read This Month:

I did not read as many books as I thought I would this month, however I absolutely adored An Ember in the Ashes and A Court of Thorns and Roses!  I had time to read one book in May (Bloodlines), but otherwise I had absolutely no time to read these past few months, so it was amazing being able to read such splendid novels in June.  Both of these books are probably in my top 10 favorite books.  (You can see my review for An Ember in the Ashes here and my review for A Court of Thorns and Roses here.)

June Book Haul:

Purchased

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead is the sequel to Bloodlines, and considering how much I enjoyed Bloodlines last month, I just had to pick up a copy of the sequel.  I haven't had time to read this one yet, but I am hoping it will be just as enjoyable as the first book.  Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas was a book I stumbled upon while browsing my local Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago, and the plot sounded intriguing, so I thought I'd like to give it a try.


Borrowing

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes is a book I've been wanting to read since way before it was even released, yet I never got around to reading it.  I am so glad my friend is letting me borrow it.


Other Bookish Things:
  • I cleared out and reorganized my bookshelves.  I had to reorganize my shelves twice in order to get them the way I wanted to, but it happened!  They used to be organized in the strangest way, but now I have them sorted by genre and I absolutely love it.  It's so much easier to find everything!
  • I unhauled a total of 64 books within the past two months.  64 BOOKS!!  You can 50 of the books I unhauled here, and (if you were curious) the others are I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter (I absolutely loved the series, but I had an extra copy so I gave it to my friend who has never read them), Fairest by Gail Carson Levine, and all twelve books from the MG series, Avalon: Web of Magic.
  • I decided to reread a book for the first time.  See my initial thoughts here, and stay tuned for my final thoughts on rereading books, which will hopefully be up soon (depending on how long it takes me to reread Throne of Glass).
  • I started a book blog!  I know it's only been 20 days since I started this blog, but it already seems like such a long time ago.  I always wanted to start a blog, but I was always afraid to.  I am so glad I pushed away my fear (and ignored some of my friends' comments about not having what it takes to do it) and started one anyway.  It has been such a fun experience so far, but I also finally understand how much hard work must be put into it.

That's a wrap!
~Alexandra

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I will not have access to my blog (nor the internet) from July 8th until July 21st.  I have some blog posts scheduled, so the blog will not be dormant, however I will be unable to personally be active during those two weeks.  Thank you.

No comments :

Post a Comment