The Ultimate Book Tag

Friday, June 26, 2015
Although I was not specifically nominated, I'd like to thank Rachel @A Perfection Called Books for tagging anyone who wanted to do it, and I'd like to tag Tia @Read It Write Now.  Here goes:

1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?

*Dances around happily* Not one bit.  Although I can get distracted by the radio or people talking in the car, I have never been sick while reading in a moving vehicle.

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?

Jennifer Niven, the author of All the Bright Places, because although I have cried when reading books before, she had me feeling so many different emotions that lasted a very long time after reading her book  Her book is the only one that has ever made me cry so much even after reading it and the only book that has ever given me a massive book hangover.  Jennifer Niven's exquisite writing made me connect with the characters in a way I never had before.

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

I haven't actually read the Twilight Saga, but I have read snippets of it, and based on my opinion of most vampire books, as well as my love for Harry Potter, I'll have to say with 99.99999999999% certainty Harry Potter.
  1. Although the overarching conflict is the same throughout the books, there is always something new, unique and exciting about every Harry Potter book
  2. The characters are all intricate and fun to read about, even if you hate them *cough* Bellatrix Lestrange *cough*, and they each have a unique personality, despite how many characters there are in the Wizarding World
  3. I loved watching Harry and the gang grow up throughout all the books and seeing them develop as characters/wizards.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?

On a normal basis, I do not carry a book bag, but when I do I usually have a few pens and a notebook in case I want to write down my feelings about a book or need to take other miscellaneous notes.

5. Do you smell your books?

No not usually.  I did one time when I accidentally spilled soda on my book, but otherwise I don't smell my books.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?



I am not against little illustrations, however I prefer books without them so I can visualize how the scene/story unfolds on my own.  Although I am sure authors have a certain way of visualizing their characters and storyline, I like having the freedom to analyze words without having pictures guiding me along or forcing me into seeing something in a single way.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?

I was absolutely obsessed with the Warrior Cats series when I was in elementary school for whatever reason. After reading several of the spinoff series, however, and also growing older, I've realized that although they were entertaining at the time, they are not exactly the best books out there…

8. Do you have any stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

None that I can remember

9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?



112 pages

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?



Definitely one of my favorite Harry Potter books, but a whopping 759 pages

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

I definitely do not write as well as I read, but I love writing and wish I could be an author one day.  Right now, I cannot see myself being an actual published author, but I won't give up hope, and will push myself to become better.

12. When did you get into reading?

I've loved reading for as long as I can remember, especially elementary school.  I cannot recall a narrower time period, but even before that I loved listening to and reading stories.

13. What is your favorite classic book?

I don't read a ton of classics, but I truly enjoyed reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

14. In school what was your best subject?

Although I've always had a fondness for English, unfortunately my best subject was either one of the maths or sciences…

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?

I would definitely be grateful to the person who gave it to me, but I would definitely donate it to my local library or give it away so that it does not sit on my shelf forlorn and unread.  Even if I don't like a book, there will surely be someone out there that does like it, and I would rather someone who loves it have it than me.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?



The Testing reminds me of The Hunger Games quite a bit. A select few teenagers are chosen for this special program that sends them through a series of different types of tests and challenges in order to determine whether they are good enough to attend University and eventually help rule their dystopian society… The different tests they go through are not only academic, however, and could be fatal if they choose to trust the wrong people.

17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?

Since I am a new blogger, I often get distracted and easily forget to write posts (or in most cases, struggle to come up with something to blog about and just wait until a day where I do think of something or finish a book and can post a review).

18. What is your favorite word?

Plethora (and I'm not even sure why.)

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above

I definitely would classify myself as a nerd, and I believe that I can occasionally be a bit of a dork, but I honestly hope I am not a dweeb… I don't think I'm a dweeb… *shrugs*

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?

Hmmm I guess at this point in my life, I would go with vampires.  I feel like fairies are either super sneaky and secretly evil, or way too happy and cheerful for their own good.  I just find them too annoying or too confusing to handle.

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?

Shapeshifters because I feel like angels are so overhyped

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?

Werewolves, I guess.  I don't really know because I don't usually deal with either of them, but I'll say werewolves for Remus Lupin (from Harry Potter).

23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?

Zombies because the whole storyline and all of the characters from the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy by Susan Dennard revolve around and rely on the existence of the undead, and that trilogy is one of my absolute favorites.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?

Forbidden love.  Most of the time, I root for the wrong team in love triangles and end up hating books because of it.  Forbidden love is more fun (as long as there aren't love triangles, of course).

25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

This is definitely a hard question to answer, but I'd probably say action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in because although I do love romance, I enjoy a good read that incorporates all sorts of different things.


I had a lot of fun doing this tag, so even if I didn't specifically tag you (but you still want to do it) definitely give it a go! :)

~Alexandra

No comments :

Post a Comment