Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.


Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld
Genre: Young Adult/Dystopian/Urban Fantasy/Superheroes
Page Length: 560 pages
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: September 23, 2015

Via Goodreads: Ethan, aka "Scam," has a way with words. When he opens his mouth, whatever he wants you to hear comes out. But Ethan isn't just a smooth talker. He has a unique ability to say things he doesn't consciously even know. Sometimes the voice helps, but sometimes it hurts - like now, when the voice has lied and has landed Ethan in a massive mess. So now Ethan needs help. And he needs to go to the last people who would ever want to help him - his former group of friends, the self-named "zeros" who also all possess similarly double-edged abilities, and who are all angry at Ethan for their own respective reasons. Brought back together by Scam's latest mischief, they find themselves entangled in an epic, whirlwind adventure packed with as much interpersonal drama as mind-bending action. 



~


I am super excited for this one, but the reason may be strange.  Although I would be interested in this book anyway because I love reading books about kids with superpowers, I was absolutely obsessed with this anime earlier in the year, and the premise for Zeroes sounds a teeny tiny bit like the anime.  Anyway, Zeroes sounds like a fun and exhilarating read and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

2 comments :

  1. I can't wait for this book! It sounds really good, and I'm a fan of Westerfeld's writing. Lovely pick!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of Westerfeld's books yet, but I've always wanted to. I've only heard good things about his books, so hopefully this one will be as good as his others that so many people seem to love!

      Delete