1 DAY BEFORE 1: Thank You

Thursday, June 9, 2016
Hey guys! So tomorrow is my blogoversary *throws confetti* Literary Legionnaire is currently 365 days old (but not quite a year because of leap day). Anyway, before I start getting super sentimental/express my thoughts about my blogging journey thus far, I thought I would start with this: THANK YOU. Without all of you, this wouldn't have happened. I started this not having any idea what I was getting myself into, but it's been an amazing experience and I have you all to thank.

SOME BLOGGER SHOUT-OUTS:

Nikki (Fiction Freak) - unfortunately I haven't had the chance to really talk to you, but I discovered your blog wayyyyyyy back and you really inspired me over the years to fully embrace my love of reading, and you also exposed me to some absolutely amazing books. So thank you. For being there (even if you didn't realize it) when I was alone without anyone to talk to about books and for exposing me to the wonderful bookish community for the first time, even if it took me years to work up the courage to actually be a part of it all.

Tia (Read It Write Now) - thank you for being one of the first people to welcome me into the Goodreads community, and then proceeding to be so supportive throughout my blogging career thus far. I couldn't have done it without you!!!! Also thank you for being such an awesome friend and co-author for Renegade Blade. We have a longgggg way to go but it's been so much fun and hopefully we'll be able to work on it this summer!

Julia (Peach Print) - you were one of the first bloggers I met online. Thanks for being so welcoming and friendly! I absolutely love your blog and hopefully we can catch up soon!

Mariam (Flying Through Fiction) - thank you for being such a supportive friend and for picking me up when times were rough. I can't imagine where I'd be without you today. It was lovely meeting you at the PassTruth event, and hopefully we'll get to see each other at more book events in the near future!

Nori (ReadWriteLove28) - thank you for being an absolutely incredible human being and for being one of my biggest role models. You are amazing and thanks for being so patient with me while I failed around helplessly when I got mixed up with SST things and literally every other blog-related thing ever.

Kit Cat (Let the Pages Reign) - thank you for being the loveliest human ever. You always know how to brighten up my day. It was absolutely incredible meeting you in February! Hopefully we'll get to see each other again soon! Also, I've probably said this a million times but it will never be enough: I LOVE YOUR BLOG. SO SO SO MUCH. It's one of my favorites (no lie) and I wish I could be as thoughtful and candid as you are (both in blogging and in general since I struggle with both). Keep being you, dear <3

Aila (One Way or An Author) - thank you for everything. Whenever we talk, it always brings a smile to my face. Also, I honestly don't know how you balance all the crazy things in your life, but you do. You're so talented and you're such an inspiration to me (in blogging and in general because you're just goals, okay?) You're such a lovely lovely friend and I hope we can meet one day.

Cyra (Rattle the Pages) - thank you for reaching out to me and being one of my first blog friends I met through Twitter. Thank you for your support and friendship over these many months, and for always being so friendly during Twitter chats (and in general!) Also, we're basically blog twins (since your blogoversary was last week), so YAY to that! :)

Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles) - thank you for being such a wonderful friend and mentor over these past few months. I'm a pretty spastic person, so all your help with blogging and book events is so so appreciated. It's always amazing catching up with you and getting bookish recommendations from you and your amazing BBTCs!

Claudia (Pen Markings) - thank you for being a great friend and an amazing blog designer. I really appreciate all you've done for me and Literary Legionnaire over the past year. I know we haven't talked much lately, but hopefully all is well and hopefully we'll be able to catch up soon! Miss you, girly!

Rachel (A Perfection Called Books) - even though we don't talk as much as we used to, I'm happy to call you my friend and am so grateful for all that you've done for me. You really made me feel welcome when I first started out, and I really appreciate it <3

I want to thank so many other book blogger/Twitter people as well, but I don't want this post to last for a trillion years, so here are some quick shout-outs to a few more people who I adore: Maha, Mishma, Sophie, Jamie, Alex, Alexandra, Gabi, Faith, Val, Ava, Gee, Liran, Alexandria (Alex), Nikki, Lillie, Jess, Jillian, Nisha, Kaitlin, Cait, Claire, Em, Duane, Aneeqah, Emily, Deanna, CW, Melanie, MC, Sarah, Tamara, Kaina, Annalisse, and so many more.

AND SOME AUTHORS:

Susan Dennard - thank you for being such a wonderful and inspiring lady. It was amazing meeting you in New York back in January (although I still cringe and want to apologize for not properly introducing myself). Thank you for writing the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy (it holds a special place in my heart) and for always giving such glorious writing advice.

Roshani Chokshi - thank you for opening my eyes to new and wondrous worlds. Thank you also for putting up with my spastic fangirling for the past few months about my absolute favorite book (aka The Star-Touched Queen) and for overall just being one of the sweetest people ever. It was the loveliest meeting you and I hope we have the chance to meet again soon. I hope I can be as amazing a person and writer as you someday.

Jennifer Niven - thank you for being the first author I truly got to meet and interact with, and for being so kind to me and for cherishing all your fans. All The Bright Places remains dear to me, and it really changed my life in ways I can't express.

Sush - thank you for your constant support. Thank you for introducing me into the world of self-publishing and for opening my eyes to the wonders many of us fail to recognize. Thanks for creating the Razia world and Lyssa because I really connected with her story, even though I'm not finished yet. I'll get there, I promise.

AND SOME OTHER BOOKISH PEOPLE BECAUSE BOOKISH PEOPLE ARE MY FAVORITE:

People from the BookCon app (spring - autumn '15) - I haven't been on the app since last year, but you all were so supportive and helpful when I was trying to navigate the craziness of BookCon and the greater bookish community. Thanks for exposing me to some amazing bloggers and BookTubers, and helping me to gain some of the confidence I needed to start blogging and sharing my bookish opinions.

The original Goodreads gang - I think it's only logical to bring it back here. To the beginning. I may not have been a part of that group (you know the one) from the start, but you all were so welcoming to me when I joined Goodreads and I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without you. To ze wonderful Azarath, Madigan, Ti, Taco, Elsia, Alyss, Cassiopeia, Ten Ten, Belladonna, Talya, Beth, Mei, Mai, Asha, Naura, Julia, Rickshaw, Sir, Laylaby, and many more. Thank you so much for letting me into the GR family and for letting me give some of you the most ridiculously glorious (if I do say so myself) nicknames out there. Some of you are no longer on GR, but I send you my best wishes and hope you are all doing well. To those who still are, I'm sorry for not being as active as I used to be. But please know I still cherish our friendships and that I care about you all very, very much.



12 comments :

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! Happy 1 yearπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love you so much Xanie! THANK YOU for being the awesome person you are. I am truly so happy to have met you. You are a very dear friend to me and I am positive we will continue to be friends for many years <3 and congrats on the One Year <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tackle hugs* THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING AND FOR BEING SO AMAZING AND BEING A FABULOUS FRIEND FOR SO MANY YEARS <3

      Delete
  3. aaaaAAAAAHHHH THANK YOU ALEX! God, has it really been 1 year? It feels like a couple of weeks ago we combined our magnificent brains to design your blog. BUT ANYWAY. This is an honour I am so happy to have. Thank you so much for including me into this post (even though I was MIA for like, 20 years). You're one of my best blogger friends and I wish you wonderful blogging years to come! <3<3

    Claudia @ PenMarkings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Claudia!!! I don't know what I would do without you as my gloriously brilliant and talented designer, and most importantly, what I would do without you as a friend. YOU'RE THE BEST <3

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogoversary! You're an awesome blogger and friend! I'm so glad that we became friends and I hope that we'll be able to hang out more in the future ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittany!!! And I really hope so too :)

      Delete
  5. Awww thanks for the shoutout hun!! I am so glad we've kept in touch, and I'm thrilled you started blogging!!!!! Awww I miss our Goodreads group so much ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss it too :( And thank you for everything!

      Delete
  6. TACKLE HUGS! I am still SO honored that you included me in your post. <3 It has been such a pleasure getting to know you over the past year and I cannot wait to finally meet you in person! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Bookitcon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *accepts tackle hug* thank you for all your support over the past year <3 I really really hope we can meet soon!

      Delete