June Wrap-Up

Thursday, June 30, 2016
Hey guys! June went by so fast, didn't it? I can't believe we're already a third of the way through summer... On the bright side though, a lot of bookish things happened this month!


HAUL

Books I Bought

1. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
2. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
3. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
4. Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
5. Mosquitoland by David Arnold

Books I Won

B-Fest
1. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (ARC)
2. Kids of Appetite by David Arnold (ARC)

Giveaways
1. The Telling by Alexandra Sirowy (ARC) - thank you so much, Alexandra Sirowy!
2. A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (eBook) - thank you again, Tamara!


BOOKS I READ

1. Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin
2. For the Record by Charlotte Huang
3. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
4. Kids of Appetite by David Arnold (ARC)
5. The Siren by Kiera Cass
6. A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

Discussions I Posted


Guests Who Posted

Shelly shared some book recommendations in her YA LGBT+ Books Start Guide

Other Blogging/Bookish Events

 I thanked some friends and shared some lessons and favorites from the year in celebration of my one-year blogoversary! Thank you to all who have supported me so far <3

I started a bookish instagram (aka a bookstagram)! It's still a work in progress, but I'm enjoying the different outlet for expressing my love of books and exploring a different type of photography.



I was resorted into a Hogwarts house on Pottermore because I forgot my previous account's info, and now I'm having an identity crisis again. So this might get ramble-y, but before I took the Sorting Hat quiz on Pottermore a few months ago, I always considered myself a Ravenclaw. That's what every other quiz I'd ever taken said, that's what I classified myself as to begin with, and I'm pretty sure I randomly stumbled across the Pottermore one online somewhere too and that said I was a Ravenclaw...? Anyway, I took the new official quiz a few months ago after they revamped the site, and it said I was a Slytherin. I was kind of shocked, but I grew to accept and love that I was a Slytherin. Flash forward to Tuesday when I created a new account, and I got sorted into Gryffindor. And then I took the Ilvermorny (North American equivalent of Hogwarts) Sorting quiz and I got Pukwudgie...  WHO EVEN AM I?!?!? 


8 comments :

  1. lols, i took the pottermore sorting quiz three times (i got locked out of my 1st account and had to create a 2nd 1, then took the quiz a 3rd time when they revamped pottermore), the 1st time i was sorted into slytherin, the 2nd time i was sorted into gryffindor, and the 3rd time i was sorted into ravenclaw! now i'm also a thunderbird, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS MY HOGWARTS HOUSE IDENTITY CRISIS!!! I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE!

      Delete
  2. I really like Daughter of Smoke and Bone and The Raven cycle series so I hope you'll enjoy it too! I deleted my pottermore account after they revamped the site, but this buzz about Ilvermorny makes me want to create an account again :D

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should rejoin Pottermore! I only sign up to be sorted (I haven't ever done anything else on the site), but it's always fun to know where you'd be at the wizarding schools.

      And thank you! I hope I enjoy the series as well. I absolutely ADORED the first Daughter of Smoke and Bone book, so I'm hoping I'll be satisfied with the rest of the series. And I have a LOT of expectations when it comes to The Raven Cycle, so I really hope I won't be disappointed.

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOD THE RAVEN CYCLE PLEASE READ ASAP OKAY.
    seriously though, its my favorite book series of all time. It's so character driven, and you just fall in love with every since character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to read them soon! And yay I love character driven books so I'm really excited to give it a shot :)

      Delete
  4. Nooooo don't mention that we're 1/3 done with summer. Wah.

    I agree that you must read the Raven Cycle. And also YAY FOR BOOKSTAGRAM. I am also having fun with it, and I love that it's a new way to share my love for books (and photography). Also hahahahha about Pottermore! I'm sorry you are literally every house. I have been a Gryffindor since forever. And then I got sorted into Horned Serpent for the other school. I don't really have a context for that one though, so it doesn't really mean much to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, sorry. I hate admitting it too. And yay bookstagram for you too! Your photos are awesome, so I'm glad you're having fun with it :) I'm enjoying it so far but it's also kind of stressful in a way. Hopefully it will get easier with time.

      And I know what you mean about Ilvermorny. There's so little information about it at this point that I don't really know what to think about the houses.

      Delete