Literary Legionnaire Turns One!!

Friday, June 10, 2016

IT'S MY BLOGOVERSARY TODAY!!!

In case you missed it, I wrote a thank you post yesterday to share my appreciate for some of my biggest cheerleaders throughout the process. Without you all, I wouldn't know where I'd be right now. So thank you again. So much.

It's so crazy to think that a year ago today, I started blogging here at Literary Legionnaire. I didn't know what I was expecting when I started this blog, but here I am, one year later, and it's been incredible. If I'm being honest, I'm a bad human who often gives up when things get hard. And blogging thus far has definitely had it's ups and downs, but I made it! I didn't give up, and even though this wonderful little space I call my own has grown so much, I'm definitely most proud of myself for lasting this long. That's definitely something to celebrate.

________________________________________________________________________________________

A LESSON LEARNED

One of the most important things I learned so far is this: I can't let other people's opinions bother me. Everyone is (naturally) entitled to his or her own opinion, and just because people won't always agree with me, it doesn't mean that 1) they hate me, or 2) that I need to change my opinions for them. It's not necessarily that I would willingly change my opinion, but there was this one point early on in my blogging career when a close friend of mine, who I trusted with my little blogging secret (which still pretty much remains a secret to this day), commented rather harshly on one of the posts I wrote. I was shattered. I was so upset that I nearly deleted the post. Yes, I know that sounds immature now, but at the time, I was pretty inexperienced and easily hurt by what others said. Or even what they didn't say.


I'm ready to be a turtle like this, instead of one
that will hide in her shell when things get rough.
I'm sure there will be even more obstacles in my path as my blogging journey continues, but I've gotten this far, and I 'm not planning on giving up now. I'm still working on developing a thicker skin, and I think that will be something I will have to learn over a long period of time. But now I'm willing to put in the effort to do so, instead of hiding in my little turtle shell of a world. And I've made some of the most incredible friends along the way, who I know will stick by me even when things get rough.

________________________________________________________________________________________

FAVORITES FROM THE PAST YEAR

(June 10, 2015 - June 10, 2016)


favorite books read
Daughter of Smoke & Bone | The Star-Touched Queen
The Wrath & the Dawn | The Rose & the Dagger
The Serpent King | Never Stop Falling
Illuminae | Blackhearts
The Rose Society

favorite posts written

 discussions

reviews (although not necessarily my favorite books)


16 comments :

  1. You wrote all of my favorite discussion posts this year! Haha. I know we share the same name and all (almost) but you're totally what I consider a kick-butt blogger. Loved all your posts since you started, and I think we've become great friends. Also I think you just made a boosktagram *scratches head* so we're totally gonna be buddies on there. Happy blogiversary!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much, Alex! That means so much to me <3 Hopefully we'll continue to be good friends and maybe even meet one day!

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!! I'm so glad that we became blogging friends and I love that our blogoversaries are only a week apart! Those are some great discussion posts you have favorited there! I love reading your discussion posts. I feel like they're all things I would never think to talk about! Here's to another fantastic year of blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, ALMOST BLOGOVERSARY TWIN <33

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogoversary, Alexandra! It's so exciting to reach the first one, but I'm glad to say the excitement keeps on growing throughout the years. So cheers to many more awesome book blogging years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY, ALEXANDRA!! ♥ I've only followed your blog recently, but so far I've been loving all of your posts! I feel like I haven't been commenting much on your blog (that's my own fault, sorry for that! T_T) but I'll definitely try to do it more. I can't wait to see more of your awesome discussions. Here's to more blogoversaries to come! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mara!!! I'm sooooooo bad at commenting on blogs too, so I don't blame you. Hopefully I'll be better within this next year.

      Delete
  5. Happy blogoversary, sweetie!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogoversary Alex! That's definitely an important lesson to learn, people aren't always going to agree and sometimes it's easy to cause drama. I'm glad you didn't quite right then and there though! Congratulations and I hope you keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogoversary Alex!!! I hope you continue to blog, and make a ton more friends! (Unlike your past one...like what gives? I can't believe she betrayed your friendship like that.... :( )

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG OMG OMG YAY! I know I tweeted you, but apparently I miserably failed at commenting on the post itself :P I'm really happy you learned to not let other people's opinions bother you- that's an important life lesson. As long as you are happy/satisfied, that's what matters the most. Don't ever let someone else ruin a good thing for you.

    Let's see- out of your favorite books read this past year, I've...only read two books? Oops? The two were TSTQ and TSK!

    I hope that you celebrate many many more blogoversaries in the future! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no worries, Nori. And THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, *shoves books at you* WHY HAVEN'T YOU READ SOME OF THESE AMAZING BOOKS YET?!?

      Delete