Blogger Recognition Award

Saturday, August 15, 2015
I'd like to thank Cindy @The Chronicles of a Book Maniac for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award.  This award was created by Eve @Edge of Night.


Rules:
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.

2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post. 

3. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).

4. Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.

5. Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL).


How My Blog Got Started

I am going to go into a lot of depth for this (and I might ramble a bit), so please bear with me.  Several years back, I discovered the world of book blogging when I found Fiction Freak, Nikki's book blog.  Right away, I loved how she introduced me to books I would have never originally picked up, and just shared her opinions on all things bookish in general.  Then about a year and a half ago, I discovered Goodreads, and made a bunch of good friends there, and as more and more of them began blogging (like Rachel of A Perfection Called Books, Cass and Belle of Fangirling Misses, and Tia of Read It Write Now), I really wanted to make a blog of my own.  In addition, I have always been a huge book "nerd" and have never had much of an outlet for expressing my love for books because most of my friends are not bibliophiles like I am.  Those blogs were created about a year (or more) ago, but I did not create my blog until two months ago because I was unsure of myself.  Then when I mentioned my dream of becoming a blogger, one of my friends told me I couldn't handle it.  If anything bothers me, it's when someone thinks I can't do something because I am too shy or socially awkward.  Yes, I am both shy and an introvert, but when it comes to voicing my opinions (at least in writing, anyway), I like to think I am more open and eloquent.  And thus Literary Legionnaire was created.

Some Tips for New Bloggers
  1. Don't give up.  This may sound very generic, but it's true.  I wanted to give up several times toward the beginning of my blogging, but I realized that's not what I ultimately wanted in the long run, and I'm so glad that I didn't quit.  Once you get into the flow of things, you'll start to realize how much work it is, but also how much FUN it is.  Especially once you start reaching out to people and making friends.  (Which leads me to my next advice.)
  2. Reach out to other bloggers!  I was originally scared to reach out to some blogs since they seemed so much better (well-written, better designed, etc.), but by making connections you can make friends who understand your love of blogging (and other common interests) and learn from them too!  And everyone may seem intimidating because their blogs are so fantastic, but so far from experience everyone is so nice.
  3. Just be yourself.  It's better to be genuine and it will be more satisfying and fun if you're not trying to impress everyone else, but aren't being yourself.  It will feel more like work if you force yourself to be someone you aren't when you blog.  (Although I do admit I do cringe sometimes at how formal and not laid-back I sound when I write my posts.  Or maybe that's just me.  I don't know.)  Anyway, just be yourself because everyone may not love you, but it's better if many like you for who you are than everyone liking you for someone you aren't.
Nominations - Since I am still pretty new to the blogging world, I couldn't think of 15 blogs to nominate, but I tried my best.  (Most of these people I mentioned above, but some of them I didn't.)
  1. Rachel @A Perfection Called Books (and her new co-blogers Mishma and Julia Anne!)
  2. Cass and Belle @Fangirling Misses
  3. Tia @Read It Write Now
  4. Julia Anne @Peach Print
  5. Mishma and Jillian @Chasing Faerytales
  6. Emily @Forever Literary

~ Alexandra

4 comments :

  1. Congratulations on being awarded, Alexandra, and thank you (x1000000) for nominating me! I'm glad we found each other's blogs and became blogging friends. :)

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia Anne! And I'm glad we've become blogging friends too :D

      Delete
  2. Awww thanks for nominating me, hun <33 Awesome tips. I think people give up too quickly on blogging, it definitely has its ups and downs. Reaching out to other bloggers is a great way to make friends!! Also asking others questions is definitely a good idea if you need it :) Being yourself is soooo important, we will love the real you, no need to put on airs.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Rachel!! And thanks for the tips as well :) You've always been a good friend and were so helpful when I had so many questions at the beginning...

      Delete