BookTubeaThon TBR

Monday, August 3, 2015
Hi everyone!  My friend recently told me about BookTubeaThon, and I thought it would be super fun to give it a try.  "The BookTubeaThon is a week long readathon hosted by Ariel Bissett [on BookTube]! A time for the BookTube community to all come together and do what we read best: consume books in massive quantities!"  I am not a BookTuber, but I still thought it would be a fun experience and really help me read more books this summer, since I have been dragging behind the past two months.  BookTubeaThon is happening from August 3 (today!) to August 9.  Now for the challenges:

1// Read a book with blue on the cover




I have been wanting to read this one for a really long time (since before it even came out!), but never got around to it.  I'm borrowing it from my awesome book-loving friend, so I really need to get it back to her ASAP.  And the cover is GORGEOUS and blue.

2// Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name


You have absolutely no idea how hard it was to find a book with an author whose last name begins with Y.  It was pretty much either The 5th Wave or… The 5th Wave.  I seriously had a ton of trouble finding a book to satisfy the challenge.

3// Read someone else's favorite book

The 5th Wave and Falling Kingdoms both satisfy this challenge.

4// Read the last book you acquired



5// Finish a book without letting go of it

For this challenge, I decided to choose The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.  It is a super short read so it shouldn't be too hard to read without letting go of it, even if I do have to take a break from reading.  Also, I have been wanting to read more classics, so there's that aspect of it as well.

6// Read a book you really want to read

People always seem to talk about Shadow and Bone, and I want to know what they're all talking about!  The Darkling is always brought up in conversation, and even though the book sounds great in general, I want to know why everyone seems to love this character that is so bad.

7// Read seven books



The additional books to reach the seven book goal may change, but I have been wanting to read Looking For Alaska for a while (especially since I've seemed to enjoy every John Green book I read more than the last) and I also finally got my hands on a copy of Etiquette and Espionage, so I figured I'd give them a shot if I can squeeze them in this week.


Good luck to all those participating in Booktubeathon… And as Effie Trinket would say, "May the odds be ever in your favor!"
~Alexandra

4 comments :

  1. I wish I could join in, but I'm back in school and I don't have the time to read seven books in a week. I'm always scared of read-a-thons because I feel like I'm never gonna complete the goals in the time frame. I hope you read all the books that you intend to read. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I honestly don't think I will be able to reach the goals in the time frame, but I figured I might as well try my best anyway. But I understand what you mean about school. School takes up a lot of time, and when you are done with classes for the day you still are stuck thinking about school because of homework and projects and tests and things…

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds fun! I LOVED Shadow and Bone, Minnow Bly, and Looking for Alaska! I hope you enjoy them too! I seriously laughed HARD about the Rick Yancey thing! Too bad you don't have Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon- that book is fabulous AND fits ;) But The 5th Wave is decent. I seriously cannot think of another "Y" author either! Good luck with the challenge!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon! I'm glad you liked the books!! Yeah I really wanted a copy of Everything Everything but I was unfortunately unable to get in line fast enough to get a copy. I've sort of been pushing off reading The 5th Wave for a while now so I guess it will be good to finally say that I've read it :)

      Delete