Comic and Manga Mini Reviews – Archie #2 and So Cute It Hurts!!, Vol. 1

Saturday, August 22, 2015
Hey everyone!  I know I haven’t written many reviews within the past few weeks, but I am currently reading A Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh and am absolutely LOVING it.  It is such a fantastic book and I’ll hopefully finish it today or tomorrow and have a review up before the upcoming week is over.  For now, hopefully there are comic/manga fans out there, because I’m going to give two quick reviews, one for the newest issue of Archie (Archie #2) and the other for the first volume of the So Cute It Hurts!! manga.  I enjoyed both of these immensely so I really wanted to share! :)

Archie #2


Archie #2 just came out on Tuesday, and I can happily say that it did not disappoint.  Although I thought I knew what I was going into after reading the first issue, I was surprised by some of the beloved characters’ backstories that I thought I knew.  I loved that in the newest installment of the Archie revamp, I finally saw the clumsiness Archie has always possessed.  The first issue was setting up the scene, but the second issue brought back the personalities I loved, whether it was Archie’s clumsiness or Betty’s unconditional love for Archie.  I’ve always been Team Betty myself, so I am a bit worried now that Veronica is coming into the picture, but it’s hard to tell what will happen in the long run.  Veronica can come across as snobbish and arrogant, but deep down she is a good person.  (For the most part.)  I am super excited to see what happens next , between Archie and the girls, Jughead (who seems to have more of a past than I realized), and everyone else.


About Archie #2 via Archie ComicsThe new school year continues to bring with it daunting new challenges and interesting changes for the teens of Riverdale High. But there’s one thing that remains constant: Archie’s car is still a piece of garbage! With car problems comes money problems, which means that Archie’s on the hunt for a new job. Fortunately, a mysterious new building in Riverdale is offering some career opportunities for Archie and his friends. Who’s behind this new conglomerate and what are their intentions for Riverdale? Find out in the second issue of this all-new Archie series, on sale now! 

So Cute It Hurts!!, Vol. 1

So Cute It Hurts!!, Vol. 1 is an extremely cute and fun read.  There was a great mix of serious and hilarious scenes, and even the serious scenes were lightened with humorous antics and/or comments.  Although there was definitely insta-love for both twins when they met their love interests, their crazy and adorable actions in order to get to know said love interests better were so sweet, fun and heartwarming to read that I didn't even mind how quickly their feelings were growing.  It also helped that the relationships were one-sided because it seems there is a secret past that neither twin knows about, (and the twins are also disguised as each other because they switched places...)  I really enjoyed this manga and laughed out loud a lot, much to the displeasure of the people sitting next to me on public transport... Anyway, I highly recommend this one, and really hope that I get the chance to pick up the next volumes soon and see what is in store for the wonderfully crazy and unique cast of characters!



About So Cute It Hurts!!, Vol. 1 via Amazon.comThe comedy starts when the cross-dressing begins! The Kobayashi twins, Mego and Mitsuru, were named after historical figures, but only Mego has grown up with a taste for history. So when Mitsuru is in danger of losing his weekends to extra history classes, he convinces his sister to swap clothes with him and ace his tests! After all, how hard can it be for them to play each other?

But Mego can’t rely on just her book smarts in Mitsuru’s all-boys, delinquents’ paradise of a high school. And Mitsuru finds life as a high school girl to be much more complicated than he expected!


~Alexandra

4 comments :

  1. I've also been getting into Manga recently but I've been buying the manga on my Kindle which sounds weird lmfao but it's really cool. It's like digital comic books! I've been loving Noragami! That's a realy good manga series and if you have time, you should watch the anime because it's amazing :D one of my favorite animes!

    Alex @ The Book
    s Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I will definitely look up Noragami and see what it's all about! Thanks for the recommendation :D I've been reading manga for several years now, but I just started getting into it again, so hopefully I'll be interested in Noragami and I'll definitely let you know what I think if/when I check it out! :D

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, you read manga too? YAY, I have found another manga reading book blogger other than myself :D I've heard of Noragami too and I've yet to start it but I'm going to throw out another rec out there: KUROSHITSUJI (Black Butler if you haven't watched it)! It's absolutely one of my faves because Sebastian is just so perfect...and if you do ever plan on reading the manga/watching the anime, read the manga first, it's A LOT better ;)

    Olivia @ Fictionally Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia!!! Glad to know there are more manga readers on here :) I have yet to read Black Butler, but it has always intrigued me. I will definitely check it out! Thanks for the rec :D

      Delete