Quick Update + Mini Haul

Friday, August 21, 2015
Hi guys!  So I have been super busy (again), and haven't had a lot of time to read or post very much, so I really do apologize.  But I am so excited because I got a few books and things this week that I can't wait to read now that I have some more time on my hands.  I thought I would share just because I am so excited!!! (And I will hopefully be posting more reviews, discussions, and random other bookish things within the next few weeks.)


~ HAUL TIME ~



eBooks:


Wait… WHAT?!?


Oh my gosh.  I never thought I'd be this excited to talk about eBooks, but I am right now.  In fact, I'm usually not a huge fan of eBooks, but I was so excited when I found out these books were FREE.  Guys, this is a huge deal.  I usually download tons of free books because, well, they're free.  But I rarely ever find books I'd been wanting to read for free.  (In fact, I rarely ever read the books I download for free.  There are too many books out there that still need to be read.)  Anyway, I know I'm definitely going to read these though.  These books are Queen of Someday by Sherry D. Ficklin, which I've heard such great things about (and have been dying to read!) and Insanity by Cameron Jace, which is an Alice in Wonderland retelling (and I am a sucker for Alice in Wonderland retellings).



Physical Books:

I only bought one physical book, but if you know me, I love a good steampunk novel.  I have yet to read an Andrea Cremer book, but I saw the gorgeous cover in the store (and read the synopsis on Goodreads), and I just knew I had to have The Inventor's Secret.  So far, my feelings in general toward steampunk are 50/50, but I've only read two steampunk series, so I'm hoping this one is another good one.  (Oh and not that it matters, but the cogs on the girl's collar on the cover are metallic and shiny in real life and I'm also kind of attracted to shiny things.  Just saying.)



Comics and Manga


I know I didn't have to wait that long, but I am so excited that this finally came out!  I'm pretty sure I shared how I was wary about this new series, but was pleasantly surprised by the revamp, so I am really hoping that the second issue is just as good as the first!

--

In terms of manga, I picked up one volume of a manga I just happened to stumble upon.  The premise seemed promising so I thought I'd give it a go, and hopefully it will deliver.  (The main characters are twins and the boy twin wants his sister to go to his all-boys school and trade places with him because he's failing a class.  Or something like that.)  I think if it's executed right, the story will be absolutely hilarious and fun!




~Alexandra

10 comments :

  1. Great haul you've got here A.J.! I'm seeing Insanity everywhere, looks interesting. Hope you enjoy the rest of your book haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I really liked Queen of Someday!! I hope you do too. Nice haul :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! I was actually really excited about it since I knew you really liked it :D I'm hoping I'll enjoy it (and knowing me I probably will) :) I'll definitely let you know when I finish so we can maybe discuss it some time :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love these haul posts! It's always so fun to see what everyone's been collecting. Enjoy your reads, AJ!

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such good things about Andrea Cremer - it sounds like I need to pick up one of her books! I haven't had the best experience with steampunk, though - but you'll still have to let me know how The Inventor's Secret is.

    And thanks for your comment on my open letter to John Green haters! You're right - John Green does so much to decrease worldsuck. I think that people who hate on his popularity don't entirely understand that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely let you know on my opinions of Andrea Cremer and The Inventor's Secret! I've heard great things about her books too, but still have yet to read one of her books so hopefully it won't disappoint :)

      Of course! I thought your post was absolutely wonderful and I thought it was great that you wrote something like that. I totally agree it's not fair to hate someone for their popularity. If someone absolutely "has to" judge someone, judge them because they're bad people or use their popularity for bad reasons... I don't know. It's just not really fair to hate on him for his popularity when he's such a good person.

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoy the books AJ! I haven't read any steampunk books, and I really don't think that I'll like the genre, but I like Andrea Cremer, so I am looking forward to see your opinion of The Inventor's Secret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mishma! I don't read a lot of steampunk either, and I think it really is a love/hate relationship. I've loved some of them, but then haven't loved others. I'll definitely let you know what I think of The Inventor's Secret though :)

      Delete