Ten Things About Me

Sunday, August 9, 2015

It has been two months since I started blogging at Literary Legionnaire, and I just realized that I never really shared much about myself, so I figured better now than never.  As you probably already know, my name is Alexandra.  I am an avid reader who also loves writing, photography, music, movies and poetry.  I thought I would share ten random facts about me:

1. I don't have an *official* nickname.  I allow others to call me Alex (if they ask), on the blog my profile says A.J., and I go by Xandra (and derivations of that) on Goodreads, but I do not have an nickname that everyone calls me.  I always used to go by Alexandra, and lately so many people have just forced a nickname on me, so I guess I'm just experimenting with different ones at this point.  Because if I'm stuck with a nickname, I want one I like (and will actually respond to).

2. The only music genre I am unwilling to listen to is opera (although I have willingly seen an opera in the past).  I pretty much like all music, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Fall Out Boy and Green Day.

3. My favorite ice cream/frozen yogurt is Ben & Jerry's, and my favorite flavors are Phish Food and Half-Baked.  (Sooooo good!!!)

4. I have not read The Mortal Instruments series yet, but have been meaning to for several years.

5. I love watching anime and reading manga, but I have yet to follow many popular anime/manga series.

6. I enjoy learning, especially when it comes to history or science.

7. I am a huge fan of crime shows (like Law and Order, CSI, NCIS, Bones, Castle, etc etc.) but I get paranoid and freaked out by the crimes very easily.

8. My biggest pet peeve is bad grammar.  If a book (or anyone or anything) has bad grammar, chances are I won't like it.

9. My favorite TV show is So You Think You Can Dance.

10. Sky-diving is an activity on my bucket list, and it's only there because I am extremely afraid to do it and want to step outside of my comfort zone.

So that's just a little bit more about me!
~Alexandra

2 comments :

  1. Hey, A.J./Xandra/Alexandra/etc. (haha). It's so nice to get to know you in this post! I also LOVE and I mean L.O.V.E. Ben & Jerry's, but then again, what crazy person doesn't? However, I actually have yet to try your favorite flavors, but trust me, I will. :)

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia Anne! :) It's definitely nice to finally reveal to the world that I am indeed a human being that probably consumes way too much ice cream in her free time, as well as sharing other random things about me. I hope you do try the flavors! (Half Baked is probably one of my favorite cookie dough ice cream/froyos and I've probably tried way too many brands' cookie dough ice creams in my lifetime. And then Phish Food is fantastic in all of its chocolate-y, caramel-y, marshmallow-y goodness. The combination may sound a bit weird but it is absolutely heavenly...)

      Delete