It has been two months since I started blogging at Literary Legionnaire, and I just realized that I never really shared much about myself, so I figured better now than never. As you probably already know, my name is Alexandra. I am an avid reader who also loves writing, photography, music, movies and poetry. I thought I would share ten random facts about me:
1. I don't have an *official* nickname. I allow others to call me Alex (if they ask), on the blog my profile says A.J., and I go by Xandra (and derivations of that) on Goodreads, but I do not have an nickname that everyone calls me. I always used to go by Alexandra, and lately so many people have just forced a nickname on me, so I guess I'm just experimenting with different ones at this point. Because if I'm stuck with a nickname, I want one I like (and will actually respond to).
2. The only music genre I am unwilling to listen to is opera (although I have willingly seen an opera in the past). I pretty much like all music, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Fall Out Boy and Green Day.
3. My favorite ice cream/frozen yogurt is Ben & Jerry's, and my favorite flavors are Phish Food and Half-Baked. (Sooooo good!!!)
4. I have not read The Mortal Instruments series yet, but have been meaning to for several years.
5. I love watching anime and reading manga, but I have yet to follow many popular anime/manga series.
6. I enjoy learning, especially when it comes to history or science.
7. I am a huge fan of crime shows (like Law and Order, CSI, NCIS, Bones, Castle, etc etc.) but I get paranoid and freaked out by the crimes very easily.
8. My biggest pet peeve is bad grammar. If a book (or anyone or anything) has bad grammar, chances are I won't like it.
9. My favorite TV show is So You Think You Can Dance.
10. Sky-diving is an activity on my bucket list, and it's only there because I am extremely afraid to do it and want to step outside of my comfort zone.
So that's just a little bit more about me!