Illuminae - Immediate Reactions

Thursday, October 22, 2015
In honor of lluminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (which was released on Tuesday!), I thought it would be fun to share some of my reactions while reading the book. I was cleaning out some notes on my phone recently and found some quick notes I took while reading the book, so I thought I'd share. No spoilers though, I promise! Oh and I'm going to add some GIFs too, because why not? :D

Page 50 - so so so so good this is absolutely brilliant I can't even asdfghjkl;


Pages 68-72 - I can't decide whether I should be shaking my head, laughing hysterically at this (like what actually), both of the above, or jumping for joy that it's real. *squeals*


Page 116 - Ezra <3333333333

Page 150 - whoaaaa that just got intimate. Okayyyyyyy then...…


Page 153 - okay that is pretty disturbing...

Page 232 - omgggg they are too cute

Page 249 - aaaahhhhhh nooooooooo... THE FEELS >_<


Page 264 - JEEZ THAT WAS CREEPY >_<

Page 269 - that was pretty cool!!! ...and yet mildly disturbing

Page 275 - YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Pages 278-279 - should not be LOLing right now but this is TOO FUNNY!!!!!


Page 300 - *face pales* oh crap….

Page 312 - AAAAAND SH** JUST GOT REAL 

Page 351 - I love how amidst all the SH** that's going down, there's an intelligent conversation about poetry going on

Page 386 - OMG omg omg OMG crying and shaking and OMG right now *wails*


Page 405 - can't decide if this is creepy or sweet

Page 495 - OH SH** OH SH** OHSH**OHSH**OHSH**OHSH**OHSH**

Page 589 - I KNEW IT … OH F***

591 - YESSSSSSSSSS

599 - *CUE FANGIRL SCREAMS* OMG BEST ENDING EVER



Happy book birthday, Illuminae!
~Alexandra




4 comments :

  1. *cries* I feel so sad and left out on this one - everyone loves it and I just wasn't feeling it. The whole "story told in documents" thing just wasn't for me. I don't usually like epistolary fiction but wanted to try this!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's too bad! But don't feel bad that you don't feel the same way! You're entitled to your own opinion and I know a few people who thought it wasn't the greatest thing since sliced bread :)

      Delete