Making Waves (5)

Thursday, October 15, 2015


Making Waves is a weekly question feature created by the Waterwitch Babes (part of Susan Dennard’s Truthwitch Street Team). Every Thursday, we’ll have a fun question that all are welcome to answer on their blog. Anyone can join! The questions will be random and/or relate to the upcoming book Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. A linky is provided so that everyone can link up their post and participate in the fun!

This week's question is...  How is your experience with the Truthwitch Street Team so far?  Or why would you like to be a part of the team?

I am not part of the street team, but it would be an absolute dream come true if I could be a part of it! I have always been a HUGE fan of Susan Dennard's work, and I am so excited for Truthwitch! I have been eagerly anticipating the book since Sooz first announced that it was a thing. I was flailing since day one :) In case you don't believe me, here's what I posted on Goodreads way back in March 2014 (when the original expected release date was some time in 2015):
OMG OMG OMG OMG I need to read this right now!!!!!!!! Aaaaaugh Susan Dennard and "Garth Nix meets Avatar: the Last Airbender"!?!? So I'm not familiar with Garth Nix but THIS WILL BE AMAZING!!!!! One of my favorite authors and one of my all-time favorite tv shows? THIS. WILL. BE. EPIC. 2015 seems so far away now...
Anyway, I am a huge Susan Dennard fan (Daniel Sheridan is my one and only book boyfriend - anyone who tries to take him from me will face my fury) and I have also been interacting with tons of the her street team clans (shout-out especially to the Waterwitch Babes who have been letting me join them in this meme and the many other amazing events you guys have planned!), and all of them seem like absolutely amazing people. It would be so fantastic to be a part of the amazing team, make new friends, and be able to support one of my all-time favorite authors <3

~Alexandra

8 comments :

  1. I'm so jealous that people already have ARCs of the book, and I'm just sitting here letting he suspense build up like WTFFFF. This book sounds so interesting that I might just die before the wait :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?!?! I want to read Truthwitch SO BADLY. Especially since I just saw an excerpt from the blog tour and got my first glimpse of Merik *fans self*

      Delete
  2. I love how much effort you are putting inti getting into the street team! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm more doing it for fun but I'd love to be part of the team too :)

      Delete
  3. The street teams have been enthusiastic so far, that's for sure! :D Their excitement is so very contagious and it makes me want to read the book as soon as possible. Would be hard to snag an arc though so I'll wait 'til release date :3

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm in the same boat -- waiting for its release has been a struggle :) And I totally agree the street teams are really enthusiastic! They seem like a great group of people

      Delete
  4. HAHA I love your enthusiasm for Truthwitch! I heard so many good things about it, and that Susan Dennard is a really great author. To be honest, I've never heard of both the book and the author until they started releasing the ARCs. But I believe the book has a lot of potential and, like you, I'm really excited for it :D

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jillian! And it seems it has been that way for a lot of people -- not knowing much until the excitement over Truthwitch. I guess it's hard to keep track of all the YA authors. I like knowing I've been her fan for a while though :) Definitely let me know what you think when you read Truthwitch (or any Susan Dennard book for that matter!) :D

      Delete