Waiting on Wednesday (20)

Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.


Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Genre: Young Adult/High Fantasy
Page Length: 416 pages
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: January 5, 2016

Via Goodreads: On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.


In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.


~


Can I just comment on how fabulous the covers are? Both the US and UK covers are PERFECTION. This is the one time where I think I'm actually going to get both the US and UK editions when they come out.

I actually chose to make Truthwitch my Waiting on Wednesday #20 because 20 is my favorite number and this book just sounds perfect and amazing and like it will be my favorite book, because let's be real... I've been waiting for this book since Sooz first announced that it was even going to be a thing, since it's a Sooz bookSo it's bound to be good. And when the unofficial blurb was released and it was announced that it was going to be in the vein of Avatar: The Last Airbender (my favorite TV show pretty much ever) and Garth Nix (who I've only heard great things about), I mean, honestly, how could I not want this book? FAVORITE AUTHOR + FAVORITE TV SHOW = TRUE LOVE.

On its own though, I know Truthwitch is going be EPIC. I recently read the first three chapters and it's already so fast-paced and perfect and I just can't wait 2 more months!!!! Not to mention the excerpt that was just unlocked yesterday for #TruthwitchTuesday... *fans self* PERFECTION YET AGAIN.

9 comments :

  1. Ahh, I can't wait for this book! It's one of my most anticipated releases :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed I commented using a different login- so this is Molly from Molly's Book Nook :)

      Delete
  2. I am SO excited for this book! I had a signed copy preordered, but I was thinking really hard about it and I don't want to wait FOREVER for the sloooooooow shipping from a regular bookstore and reordered from amazon. I can't wait for this book! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Cyra!! I was going to initially order the UK version first, but I realized it wasn't going to be released until over a week after the US one (and shipping from the UK takes longer since it's coming from overseas), so I'm going to get the US one first (and then hopefully order the UK one later) :)

      Delete
  3. You love ATLA as well?! How are you so perfect!! I actually vastly prefer the US cover which is sad because we will get UK ones here. Can't wait for this book as well, but I need to check out Susan Dennard's other works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS ATLA IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!! GAH I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU LIKED IT TOO!!!! AND YOU MUST READ SS&D IT IS AMAZING AND STRANGE AND LOVELY AND EVERYTHING (ESPECIALLY DANIEL SHERIDAN, WHO IS MY ONLY BOOK BOYFRIEND :3)

      Delete
  4. TRUTHWITCH IS AMAZING. ENOUGH SAID.

    Also, I just wanted to say that I'm really proud of you for doing NaNo this year! That's so amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED IT!!! IT'S MY MOST ANTICIPATED READ FOR 2016 AND SOOZ IS AMAZING AND I AM SO SO SO EXCITED.

      And thank you <333 It's been a struggle but I'm trying my best :)

      Delete