Bookshelf Tag + Tour

Saturday, September 12, 2015
I wasn't tagged by anyone, but I saw this over on Cyra's blog, Rattle the Pages, and thought it would be fun. I've been meaning to do a post about my bookshelves anyway, so I'm going to kind of combine the tag with a bookshelf tour :)

Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books-it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from:

I got my shelves at IKEA. They're white, and are not the most attractive but not the ugliest bookshelves either. I guess they're pretty standard and plain *shrugs*

Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?

At the moment, my books are (to a certain extent) sorted by genre. My realistic fiction, historical fiction, nonfiction, and classics all share a shelf though since I didn't have enough of each genre to constitute them having their own shelves. And I also have a fantasy favorites shelf and a shelf for my comic books. Some of my genre shelves also have manga that fall into the category as well.

What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf? 

The Mists of Avalon with 876 pages (with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in a close second, with its hardcover at 870 pages)

What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Is there a book you received as a birthday gift?

The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher is a book that I got from my friend for my birthday a few years back. To be honest a lot of my books are gifts, but that's usually because I ask for them. The Water Wars was a complete surprise, and I enjoyed it when I read it a few years back.

Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?

I have a ton of borrowed books, but if it means books friends gave gave you, then...

The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare

Most expensive book?

The Art of Betty and Veronica

The last book you read on your shelf?

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?

Oohhh... well most of the books I read from when I was younger are on a completely separate bookshelf (and I have no idea which one I read "first" there because there are tons of picture books in said bookshelf), but on my current one I use all the time...? Hmm... I'm probably going to have to say The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan since I read it about 6 years ago, and I'm pretty sure most books on my current bookshelf are more recent reads than that.

Do you have more than one copy of a book?

I randomly have two copies of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, one in hardcover and one in paperback, but then again those are my brother's that I kind of borrowed from him and never returned. I used to have two copies of I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You, but I gave away a copy to a friend who hadn't read it... So I guess I don't technically own two copies of a book.

Do you have the complete series of any book series?

OF COURSE!!!!! Here are a few:

  • Harry Potter (although they're technically my brother's) by J.K. Rowling
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Legend by Marie Lu
  • Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
  • Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter
  • Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
  • Matched by Ally Condie

What's the most recently published book on your shelf?

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas and Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman (they share a book birthday!)

A book you won?

Lois Lane: Fall-Out by Gwenda Bond
Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger

A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?

Soooo many. An Ember in the Ashes, The Wrath and the Dawn, All the Bright Places, Illuminae, A Court of Thorns and Roses. To be honest though, I don't really want any of my books out of sight.

Most beat up book?

Probably Mystic River by Dennis Lehane. I got it from my friend because I needed it for an assignment, and I think she got it from someone else so it's been through many hands. And it's also one of those huge mass-market paperbacks so the spine is really bendy.

(Actually, my most beat up book isn't on my shelf anymore, but it was the third book in the Artemis Fowl series. Long story short, it got jammed in my locker door and the front cover pretty much completely ripped off. Yep. Worst bookish nightmare.)

Most pristine book?

Most of my books are pretty pristine. I'm very protective of them.

A book that's not actually your book? (aka soooooo many)

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Oh and the whole Harry Potter series (it's technically my brother's but I borrowed them from him a few years back and he never asked for them back, so I kind of kept them.)

A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?




The Grim anthology

A book that is your favorite color?




The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead. My favorite color is something like maroon or burgundy at the moment, so the color of this cover is perfect.

Book that's been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven't read?

The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare

Any signed books?

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

And I used to have a signed copy of The Goddess Test, but I gave it to my friend :)





AND NOW FOR A TOUR OF MY SHELVES...








Top shelf: my favorite fantasy series



Second shelf: realistic fiction/contemporary, historical fiction, nonfiction and classics





Third Shelf: fantasy





Fourth Shelf: science fiction/dystopian





Fifth (Bottom) Shelf: comics

[this shelf is too hazardous to be shown]





~ Alexandra

2 comments :

  1. I just noticed that you did this post from my blog! Sweeet! I like how deep your shelves are! It seems like everyone has really deep shelves except me. All the better to fit ALL THE BOOKS in, I guess! That is a very unfortunate story about your copy of Artemis Fowl! That really sucks! Cool post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cyra! And yeah I'm really glad I have deep shelves (but I still barely have enough room for my books). I hope you find deeper shelves soon! They're lifesavers :)

      Delete