Making Waves (1)

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Making Waves is a weekly question feature created by the Waterwitch Babes (part of Susan Dennard’s Truthwitch Street Team). Every Thursday, we’ll have a fun question that all are welcome to answer on their blog. Anyone can join! The questions will be random and/or relate to the upcoming book Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. A linky is provided so that everyone can link up their post and participate in the fun!


Before I get to the question, let me just say that I am extremely extremely extremely (LIKE I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT-LEVEL) excited for Truthwitch and can't wait for it to be released in January, so when I saw this feature, I just knew I had to join in!


This week's question is... Why do you think water is an important element?


I think water is important for many reasons. First of all, without it there wouldn't be any life on earth and we'd all die, from starvation (because nothing would not be able to survive) or we'd just die of dehydration ourselves (let's just be honest). Also, water is really important because it can be really soothing and relaxing. Rain pattering, waves lapping on the shores... It's all just very calming and beautiful to watch and listen to. It is also fascinating because water can be really deep and frightening as well. I know as a kid (I hate to admit this but it's true) I used to be afraid of going to deep and being attacked by something lurking below. There are so many mysteries in watery depths that are still yet to be explored.

In addition, water is what our tears are made of, and sometimes we all just need a good cry. Crying is something most of us hate to do, but sometimes it makes us feel at ease once we're done, like the bad things are in the past. Crying (of course) can also be a good thing: there are times when we cry from happiness or from laughing.

Water can be something strange and deadly (see what I did there, Susan Dennard fans? *wink wink* yes, I know I'm not funny), but ultimately it is a fascinating element that can sustain life, but also endanger it.




~Alexandra

10 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for taking part in this week's meme! I never thought about tears and their connection to water. You are very accurate in your description of their importance because crying can make you feel better in the end. <3 Olivia @ The Candid Cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia! I had fun participating :)

      Delete
  2. Heyyyyyyy awesome person! Thanks for taking part in this week's meme! I love rain pattering <3 And *wink wink* I see what you did there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GABI!!!!! (aka Ravenclaw buddy/Celorian shipper) I had tons of fun participating :D

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you are participating in the meme! Your post was fantastic - I totally agree that water is essential for survival. And actually, even though I love the ocean and being around it, I'm still afraid of going in there - just for the things lurking and also cause it might be dirty. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlene!! I am really scared of the ocean as well. There are so many things that could go wrong *shudders* and the salt water just stings my eyes too :/ Oooh and pollution too *scrunches nose in disgust*

      Delete
  4. Thank you for taking part of this meme. and yes water can be strange and deadly. Have fun with us and come to the chat on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for participating in the meme! And I totally loved your strange and deadly reference. :D Water is definitely vital for survival!

    ReplyDelete