August Wrap-Up + Summer Numbers

Tuesday, September 1, 2015
I can't believe summer is over!!! I know technically speaking, it isn't fall until the 20th or 21st or something, but as soon as late August/early September hits, it's pretty much back to school or work for us all. The past three months have gone by in a blur, and I thought I'd share my August wrap-up, and then do some quick calculations.

Books I Read in August:


Looking For Alaska by John Green | The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover (review) | A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (review)

Started in August/Currently Reading:

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Air Awakens by Elise Kova
West with the Night by Beryl Markham
Mystic River by Dennis Lehane

August Discussions:

On Adaptions and Reboots
On Reading in Order (Whether It is a Series or Not...
Physical Books vs. eBooks - Pros and Cons
Why I Love the Idea of Duologies

Other August Excitement:

My Blogging Life:
  • I finally shared more about myself. If you missed it, I shared ten things about me.
  • I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award!! In case you missed it and want to learn how my blog was started, find out some of my tips for new bloggers, and who I nominated here.
  • I joined Twitter to keep up with author/bookish news, blogging news, etc. I mostly post random things that don't make sense, but I also have blog updates, random commentary as I read, and more. Username: @lit_legionnaire. I don't bite, so feel free to reach out to me :)
  • I signed up for three challenges: BookTubeAThon (wrap-up here), Beat the Heat Readathon (week 1 update here), and the 2015 Discussion Challenge (for more info and my goals, see here).
Some News in the Blogosphere:


  • Let's start with the bad news, shall we? It breaks my heart, but there was a book blog plagiarist on the loose. I saw this news on Twitter and it seems like things are starting to be resolved, but it honestly hurts to know that some of my friends who work so hard on their blogs have had to go through this. They put so much effort into their blogs, so it is truly unfair that this person is doing something so horrible and tries to take credit for something he/she did not write.
  • On a happier note, Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books got co-bloggers!!! I have been a huge fan of Rachel's blog for a while, but her new co-bloggers Mishma and Julia Anne are absolutely lovely people and bloggers too! They write fantastic reviews and discussion posts, so you should definitely check them out if you aren't doing so already! (See the welcome post for Mishma and Julia Anne here.)
  • Mishma and Jillian @ Chasing Faerytales wrapped up their blogging event "Learnt It The Hard Way" (or LITHW, for short). It is a really informative series of posts about tips and tricks for bloggers new and old, and I learned a lot from it! Check out Mishma's lovely wrap-up post here.
  • The Summer Blogger Promo Tour, hosted by Amber and Jessica @ The Book Bratz, came to a close. More info here if you missed it, and see their wrap-up post here.



AND NOW IT'S TIME FOR A QUICK SUMMER RECAP...


HERE ARE THE NUMBERS:

Books I read this summer (including graphic novels): 10 books
Pages I read this summer (including books I set aside/have not finished): 3429 pages





How was your summer?
~Alexandra


No comments :

Post a Comment