Coffee Book Tag

Sunday, September 20, 2015
I wasn't tagged by anyone, but I saw it a lot on BookTube (it was created by BangadyBangz) and recently saw it again on a blog I follow (Novels and Necklaces), and really wanted to do it. So here we go!

1. Black: Name a series that's tough to get into but has hardcore fans.



Don't get me wrong, I absolutely ADORE Harry Potter, but it took me a while to actually convince myself to try it after not getting past the first chapter the first time around, and I fell in love with the series after giving it another chance.

2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.



This book is so adorable and festive and I just love it! It embodies the holiday spirit and I'm probably going to pick it up again around the holidays :)

3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children's book?




I'm not sure if I would consider this my "favorite" children's book, but I definitely have fond memories of reading The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane :)

4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.




5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.





6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout


Ummm... I'm not sure I've read an indie book...? I mean I probably have but I honestly don't really know. I used to read on my Kindle/phone way more, which is probably where I would have read them, but I really have no idea.

7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.




There was just so much hype around this book, and it just didn't quite do it for me. It was a decent book, I just didn't adore it like everyone else seemed to at the time.

8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.


I can't even explain how many feelings I felt, but even though I cried more than I've ever cried while reading a book, it was such a fantastic read and I loved it so so so much.

I'm not going to tag anyone specific, but I tag anyone who wants to do it!
~Alexandra

6 comments :

  1. My True Love Gave To Me is definitely more popular in the Winter just as creepy books are more popular around Halloween. I LOVE City of Bones, and I love seeing it everywhere. :D I was expecting more in Divergent too....

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to read City of Bones... It will happen! And yeah I know what you mean! I think the Grim anthology came out early on in the year but I didn't actually read it until around Halloween because it just made more sense to read it in the appropriate season. Yeah Divergent... all I really have to say about that book is MEH. And once I got spoiled for book 3 I was just done with the series.

      Delete
  2. This is a really neat tag! I think that I might do this as well as soon as I finally get caught up on everything from my trip I just got back from! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Cyra!!!! You should definitely do it :D

      Delete
  3. I really like this tag! And I agree about Divergent. It was decent, but it didn't live up to the hype for me. I'm probably not gonna finish the series. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about Divergent. "Decent" is definitely a good word to describe it. I thought it was meh too. (And actually one of the few books where I sort of liked the movie adaption better...)

      Delete